Stopover hotel in France for family of 5??

(7 Posts)
BooToYouToo Thu 18-Jul-13 20:08:20

We stayed in the aparthotel dowhat. It was great, much more spacious than a Novotel family room. It's right next to a tram stop so we went into Orleans for the evening. It felt like a lovely end to the holiday whereas when we stayed in Novotels we felt we were just waiting for the restaurant to open.

dowhat Thu 18-Jul-13 09:15:52

Thanks for your help. So here's what we've booked. On the way down we're staying in a B&B that I found on Sawdays (thanks ShoeWhore) - this one www.sawdays.co.uk/special-places/france/loire-valley/loir-et-cher/le-bouchot

Then on the way back we're staying here www.adagio-city.com/gb/hotel-8436-adagio-access-orleans-ex-citea/index.shtml

Both places are providing a cot too and no sneaking the baby in either - I feel fully above board and legit!

ShoeWhore England Thu 27-Jun-13 17:23:13

Am looking to book something for us 5 for August - the B&B hotel rooms for 4 look a reasonable size - anyone stayed in one? Is there a receptionist and how eagle-eyed are they likely to be? Do you think I could book a room for 4 and smuggle an extra dc in? (My dcs are all very similar in size lol)

vitaminC Thu 20-Jun-13 05:48:48

If the baby doesn't need a bed, just book a room for 4.
I've done this many times when my youngest was still small enough to fit in the travel cot. When they get bigger you'll have yo start booking two rooms though.

B&B hotels (a chain of travel lodge type places) do rooms with a double bed + 2 singles at a fairly decent price.

dowhat Thu 20-Jun-13 05:40:43

Thanks for those links shoewhore, I'll have a look through them later. DH still reckons we should smuggle the baby in!

ShoeWhore England Tue 18-Jun-13 22:01:17

Watching with interest... we always have this problem too but have 3 bigger dcs.

I did once manage to book a family suite in a B&B I found on Sawdays which was lovely (and while not dirt cheap, cheaper than 2 rooms in a travelodge type place)

You could also try www.roomfor5.co.uk or sleeps5.com

Hope you find a solution!

dowhat Tue 18-Jun-13 13:24:25

We're driving down to La Carabasse in August again. Did it last year but now we're one more - my son will be 3 months old - so we will be 2 adults, 2 children and a baby. Have had a quick search online but it seems that French hotels don't allow more than 2 adults 2 children per room. Has anyone managed to 'smuggle' a baby in (OH's idea) or is it best to book two rooms in case we're caught out? Just seems a bit unfair that we're only a baby extra but need to double the cost of hotel rooms.... Any advice welcomed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now