Has anyone used Jet2holidays? Are they ok?

(12 Posts)
SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 03-Jun-13 15:10:54

I've seen a holiday with jet2holidays.com that I'm on the verge of booking but I've never used them before and I'm just wondering what they're like. Can you pre-book seating on the flights so you can sit together? Do they have resort reps? Are they reliable? I usually go with First Choice or Thomson, so this is new territory for me!

Theas18 Mon 03-Jun-13 15:19:58

THe only thing I know is having seen them madly checking handbaggage at the gate so check your requirements,,,

SoupDragon Mon 03-Jun-13 15:28:54

I think they were on a Watchdog type programme about holidays last week buy only because the customers hadn't managed to check in on time (arrived about 1.5 hours before they were due to fly).

Thus, I would recommend arriving over 2 hours before and ensuring you a pushy enough to get to the front of the queue if necessary. Queues may be longer and lower than you expect but other airlines were also flagged up for this kind of thing. The customers in question had a good holiday in the end but had to pay to fly on a later flight.

theoriginalandbestrookie Mon 03-Jun-13 15:58:35

Hi, I have used jet2 flights, although not the holidays a number of times. Flights are fine - much better than the dreaded Ryan Air and yes you can pre book seating,

I don't know about holiday reps - you might have more responses if you posted on trip advisor, their forums get a good amount of travel traffic.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Mon 03-Jun-13 16:15:46

Thanks, I never thought of the Trip Advisor forums, will have a look.

celebmum Wed 05-Jun-13 15:25:20

i have booked with them before and am going with them again this year. never had an issue. yeah u can prebook seats when u book holiday. luggage allowances are fine, 22kg checked in and 10kg in hold per person (so this includes our 3yr old)
never seen anything of a rep at the reaorts tho? not that i have ever needed them! (if you have enough about you to book your holiday online/use the internet then you dont need holiday reps in this day and age in my opinion! grin

SoftKittyWarmKitty Wed 05-Jun-13 20:08:10

Thanks, that's very reassuring.

timidviper Wed 05-Jun-13 20:09:43

Again have not used the holidays but use their flights regularly and have never had a problem

Bunbaker Sat 08-Jun-13 15:59:47

I haven't flown with Jet2, but we stayed at the same hotel that they use when we went to Dubrovnik, and it was lovely.

Awks Wed 12-Jun-13 14:57:36

I've used flights and holidays and all were fine. They are much naicer than the other budget airlines, I've found.

junkfoodaddict Sat 15-Jun-13 21:27:52

We fly jet2.com every year to Madeira. We switched to them because they were cheaper than Thomsons and Thomas Cook. Stuck with them because we found the whole experience much better!
This year we booked my in laws on a jet2holiday to the same hotel as our timeshare. You CAN prebook seats as we have booked my in laws next to us on the plane!
Although we haven't holidayed with jet2, we have flown with them many times and can highly reccommend them.

alphabetti Mon 17-Jun-13 06:48:39

Just came back from Cyprus which we booked with jet2. Had no probs at all. As previously said u can book in online n get 10kg hand luggage n 22kg main allowance which is plenty n I take loads of clothes! Our rep came to hotel twice, 1st morning of new arrivals but we were also given her mobile number if needed to speak to her anytime.

We usually book with Thomsons which works out bit more expensive but found we got more leg room on flight n plane meals were nicer too. They don't have TVs on plane tho which is good at occupying kids for a while but not a problem really.

By the way it was protaras in Cyprus we went to which was great for families and lovely hot sunny weather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now