Club mac alcudia, majorca

(15 Posts)
jamtoast12 Thu 30-May-13 15:44:30

Hi

Thinking of booking club mac in alcudia? Anyone been?

Thanks!

jamtoast12 Thu 30-May-13 19:11:50

Bump?

celebmum Mon 03-Jun-13 08:25:26

am going next week grin will let you know!

jamtoast12 Mon 03-Jun-13 23:20:24

Ah thanks! Please do as I'm not booking til end of the month! Enjoy!

fm19lth Wed 12-Jun-13 20:29:09

Hi there. This is my first post! Thought i would let you know that we (my partner,son 8yrs & i) stayed at Club Mac 2 yrs ago and loved it. Going again in 9 wks time, 2 wks AI and cannot wait. So much to do, good food and im vegetarian and fussy! Do not pay any attention to reviews as they are completely wrong. I read them and dreaded going here but they couldnt have been more wrong. You will LOVE it! Fiona xx

jamtoast12 Sat 15-Jun-13 23:54:52

Thanks for your reply! I'm thinking of booking tomorrow but keep reading stories of drunken loutish behaviour etc and its putting me off? Presume its fab for kids though and mine are 5&7. How far is it to port, beach, resort centre etc?

Thanks

jamtoast12 Fri 28-Jun-13 12:10:33

Bumping as there have been some seriously bad reviews lately as I'm gutted as I've booked and paid and cannot change it! Please anyone who has been recently, can you offer any reassurance?!

jamtoast12 Fri 28-Jun-13 12:10:45

sad. sad

BeGoodElliot Fri 28-Jun-13 21:21:55

When do you go? I am going next week and have just read some of the most recent reviews. It's not looking great with sickness bugs and drunken louts. Although some reviews are great, as are most reviews/comments on their facebook page.

Just hoping for the best, might pack some hand sanitizer!!

jamtoast12 Sat 29-Jun-13 07:19:15

Hiya we go in just over 4 weeks! I've been reading each review in detail and it does seem there's a real difference in the reviews.. People either love it or hate it. confused

Most people from down south seem to hate it for some reason? Not sure if they just feel intimidated by the sheer numbers of northerners? We are from the north so hopeful on that side of things! Also the last review mentioned they usually go to the carribbean... Well when you are used to something like that then a 3 star in the med is entirely different. We go 3-4 star in the Balearics every year so hopeful that our expectations are realistic!

My friend has been and loved it but it does seem one way or the other. I have been all inclusive lots of times and hotels do attract a certain crowd I suppose and let's face it...for me this hotel was over 1k cheaper than most of the others. ( can you tell I'm convincing myself!!!).

I guess that the "bad" guests will be the minority as even though the price was cheaper than most, its still a lot of money for most people. Last week all the reviews were fab?!

With regards bugs, most of the reviews mentioning sickness are from those with toddlers who lets face it often come down with bugs on holiday generally. Iknow mine always did!

The reviews are mention kids helping themselves to the kids buffet... which is poor behaviour. Mine are 8&6 so will be eating from the main buffet just in case!!!

hotbot Sat 29-Jun-13 08:49:20

Move away from the laptop. You have booked, there is nothing you can do.
You will have a fab time , proper quality time with the dc, away from home and work. Seriously what could be nicer.

BeGoodElliot Sat 29-Jun-13 13:25:21

I go next week for a fortnight so I will be back before you go, so I will report back to you.

I think it is a good sign that your friend has been and enjoyed it, as you will sort of know what your friends expectations will have been and that they are being honest, where you have no idea of the expectations of strangers. As you said if you are used to 5 star in the Caribbean then 3 star in Spain will be much different.

Like you, we go to all inclusive in Spain most years so I feel like I know what to expect, there are always some groups who you would try to avoid, kids that are running wild etc, but I do think it is generally mostly people who are just trying to have a nice family holiday. I've also been to Butlins and had a good time and the reviews for there are shocking! grin

Also (trying to convince myself here!) I think that most people don't tend to write reviews if they have had a nice, unremarkable holiday, but will write a review if they have something bad happen, i know this is the case with me. Looking at trip advisor there are still many more people who have really enjoyed it and had no issues than those who have hated it, became ill, had a bad experience etc.

I think you are right in that most of the illness seems to be in families with young children, DD is 12 so hoping we will be ok, no need for us to be in children's pools or using the kids buffet, so fingers crossed.

If it is really bad I guess we can just go to the beach and use the waterpark more often.

DP who is Mr Optimist is saying that there is no point in worrying unless we have something to worry about, which I guess is true. smile

I am wondering how busy it will be next week, I know the Scottish schools have broken up already (we are in Scotland) but I don't think the English schools have?!

BeGoodElliot Mon 01-Jul-13 15:18:21

Reviews have picked up again slightly on trip advisor, maybe the troublesome guests have gone home! grin

jamtoast12 Tue 02-Jul-13 07:48:29

Yes I noticed that too! I'm sure we'll love it smile

BeGoodElliot Wed 10-Jul-13 22:15:23

Just thought I would add a quick message as I'm about half way through my 2 weeks. The complex is totally fine, really clean and the staff work so hard at making sure everything is ok. Food is good, different theme every night and a daily newsletter each morning gives info on what's on and when each day.

Yeah there are some kids running wild and it's noisy but its a family complex. Not seen any overly drunk people or trouble or anything.

Reviews have really picked up so I'm sure you will enjoy it. My dd is a bit old for most of the activities but if your kids are joiners in (my dd isn't, would rather sit in the lobby using the wifi! ) then there will be lots to keep them occupied! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now