Summer holiday deals

(14 Posts)
jamtoast12 Sat 18-May-13 11:07:22

Hi

Just wandered if anyone has managed to find deal for school holidays?!

I'm looking for 2 adults, 2 kids aged 7&5 for one week, must be all inclusive, ideally Balearics around 20th July. I'm quite flexible and can go anytime up to 30th July but can't find anything for around £2000?

I've seen some on holiday hypermarket but either the hotel has a bad reputation (by many not just one or two) or they are in very quiet resorts.

Starting to wander whether prices may even increase the more I leave it!

Any ideas?

Thanks

jamtoast12 Sat 18-May-13 18:39:46

Bump?

purple15 Sat 18-May-13 20:39:43

hi I had many queries about booking for Majorca in July. In the end I booked the flights direct with Jet 2 for a good price and the Hotel, I didn't know what to do.

Should I leave it until six weeks before to get a good deal. Anyway, I kept looking and asking on different threads. I booked the hotel through Love Holidays ( they were the best price on Trip advisor.).

I booked through a credit card so if there are any problems. The price has been increasing daily.

I think to get the most reasonably price is to book seperates and book now because as time goes on it will increases.

landofsoapandglory Sat 18-May-13 20:42:25

Where would you want to fly from jamtoast?

Mosschops30 Sat 18-May-13 20:47:04

£2000 for 4 all inclusive is quite tight in summer hols.

Would you consider Italy?
Its cost just over that for a week in august all inclusive. We went to the same place last year and it was amazing.
I booked direct with the hotel this time though and booked mega cheap flights with Monarch. Tour operators wanted 5k!

landofsoapandglory Sat 18-May-13 21:43:35

Menorca £2006 free child place, looks basic, going on 25th July.

Menorca again free child place, 25th July £2237, or £2240 on the 18th, looks much better.

Cala D'Or Majorca

Cala D'Or again

Cala D'Or again.

I love Cala D'Or, it's really family friendly. We're going again this year for the 5th or 6 th time, but we go self catering.

It can be done, you need to shop about and not just concentrate on the main holiday websites IMO.

Mosschops30 Sat 18-May-13 22:00:41

Agree cala dor is lovely

Steer clear of salgar in menorca, there is NOTHING there. Although those apts are quite nice.
My parents went to salgar every year for 15 years which gives you some idea of the clientele

purple15 Sun 19-May-13 09:08:18

Landofsoap _ Glad you think Cala d'or is a good choice.

That is where we have chosen. This is major for us ( My husband doesn't like abroad ) and after holidaying in Cornwall/ France for fifteen years with the caravan, this is our first family July holiday abroad.

I have paid a little bit more for All inclusive, and we are staying at Iberostar Club Cala Barca, I believe it is in the middle of nowhere which my husband will hopefully like.

jamtoast12 Sun 19-May-13 10:19:56

Wow thanks for the replies!

cala dor is fab I've been there! We def want all inclusive - half board in cala dor still cost us £100 per day so not much of a saving.

Flying from Manchester.

I have seen some holidays on jet 2 but tbh my friend works for them and says whenever there are delays etc its always jet2 it effects, not the big operators? Not sure how true though?

I've seen lots of holiday hypermarket but just sound dodgy resorts!

Ill have a look at some of your links/ suggestions

Thanks!

landofsoapandglory Sun 19-May-13 10:33:45

We're going with Jet2 this year, Jamtoast. My PILS use them for flights to fly to Lanzarote and say they are fine. Our holiday was so bad last year we got a full refund and compensation, that was with Thomson! Plus Jet2 were over £800 cheaper than Thomson for our holiday, with day instead of night flights, to the same hotel, so we are willing to take a bit of a gamble!

jamtoast12 Sun 19-May-13 10:45:37

That's good news as I have seen some good deals with them. Ill take another look thanks, i am asking a lot for my budget but hope it can be done!

mindgone Mon 20-May-13 19:29:34

Mosschops30, where is the resort you went to in Italy please? Sounds lovely!

Mosschops30 Mon 20-May-13 22:09:54

Peschiera at Lake Garda. Really was the most perfect holiday we've had.
Few British there, lots of Dutch which meant that the all inclusive was not used as an excuse to drink from morning til night.
Food was excellent.

Local town was idyllic and easy to catch ferry to all other parts of the lake.
There was no question of us going anywhere else this year and we never go to the same place twice smile. HTH

mindgone Mon 20-May-13 22:20:42

Thanks so much! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now