Disneyland Paris in a day?

(13 Posts)
sergeantmajor Mon 13-May-13 12:13:07

I am persuading an extremely reluctant DH to go to Disneyland Paris with the 3 x dcs. He wants to go for the minimum amount of time, with the minimum cost. I am thinking we get there in the eve, stay overnight somewhere v close to the park, start the day in the park super early, and then travel back home in late afternoon/eve.
Do-able??

cathpip Mon 13-May-13 12:18:15

I would recommend 2days in park, purely based on the fact it's big and the queues for the rides. We travelled back in the evening. Left at 6pm tunnel at 9pm home for 2am (North Yorkshire). You will hit rush hour for Paris, but its better than the M25 at rush hour!!

ThisUsername Mon 13-May-13 12:31:53

I would do two days in a Disney hotel. Purely because you get 'magic hours' and are in the park before the crowds so less queuing. Also you can go back to the hotel for a swim and break from the Disney hussle.

I think that's the best option for a reluctant family member, more time but not as full on.

balderdashed Tue 14-May-13 17:44:02

one day is definitely an option in my experience. We stayed at a nearby campanile hotel the night before having arrived after lunch (we walked to the nearby station and caught the RER train into Paris as well) and were on the parc as soon as it opened. Spent the whole day in site before spending a second night in the hotel. One day was more than enough for me to bear!

We then drove to the Dordogne to complete our holiday.grin

Rosvita Wed 15-May-13 10:39:50

Hi sergeantmajor.i would say 1 day is better than no days but agree with pp -1 night in one of the budget disney hotels will give you 2 days in the park (even if not full days depending on how you plan to travel there and back),include breakfast and enable you to make use of extra magic hours on the morning of your second day.we went for 2 nights last year and still didnt manage to do everything.we are going back in September for 1 night/2 days to do the rides we missed out last time and primarily to see Dreams again as no-ones sure what's happening to it at the end of September.some people like to go for longer staying off site in a hotel with pool so it's at a more leisurely pace but I go for it full-steam when I'm there so find 2-3 das is tiring enough!

Bramshott Wed 15-May-13 10:56:11

We did it on the way back from a holiday in France - arrived about 4pm so we had that evening (stayed up till 11pm), overnight in a Disney hotel, the whole of the following day until we left about 5pm. We didn't come straight home though, we had an overnight in a hotel on the way to the tunnel.

badbelinda Fri 17-May-13 21:15:06

I also had to work quite hard to persuade DH to go but wanted to do it before DCs were too old to experience the "magic". In the end, showed him prices for Oct half term (which I thought weren't too bad) then for Jan midweek which is the cheapest time - about half the price, so he capitulated. Stayed 3 nights in 4 star Disney hotel for a fraction of the cost at other times of the year, 2 full days in the park. It was cold but we went prepared for that and there were virtually no queues for rides or to meet the characters apart from on the Sat morning when we were leaving. The downside of going at that time of year is that if the weather is really bad they have to shut some of the rides (which didn't happen when we were there) and the parade is perhaps a bit less full than in high season but we felt it was more than made up for by the lack of crowds. Even DH actually enjoyed it. You can use Tesco clubcard vouchers for park entry but I don't think you can use them for the hotel packages.

ChippingInLovesSunshine Fri 17-May-13 21:17:04

No - it will be a nightmare. Stay at least one more night - tell him to suck it up!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-May-13 01:36:10

When we went, we stayed in a hotel in nearby Torcy which is off site but cheap, and a simple train ride away. We stated in the park just a day but that was because we had lots of other things we wanted to do. I rally wouldnt travel to Paris for just one day there, it just seems miserly. Can't you leave him at home?

twinkle1010 Sat 01-Jun-13 11:29:11

I really wouldn't do a day tbh. Weve just returned from a five day visit (Took the deal book three days get an extra two free plus free for under 7s)
One day we were there the whole day and didn't get back to the hotel till 12.30am (Dreams show was at 11pm that night.)

Felt like five days was just right for us to try everywhere and have a lovely holiday and the cost wasn't too much in the end.

Guitargirl Sat 01-Jun-13 16:54:40

To be honest if your DH is reluctant to go then I would go on your own with your DCs. It is expensive and you don't want it spoilt by a misery dragging you down. That is the decision I made when I took our two DCs there on my own and we had a brilliant time! We spent two nights in a Disney hotel and travelled direct there on Eurostar so had 2.5 days in the parks. That was enough for us with the age of the children. Very long days staying up till 11pm to watch Disney Dreams - our DCs are 6 and 4.

Kitchencupboards Tue 04-Jun-13 23:26:12

One day is fine, 2 days is more than enough. We did 2 days and were ready to leave by lunch time on the second day.

jhonpage Wed 05-Jun-13 15:41:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now