How do I take deodorant if going hand luggage only?

(17 Posts)
flatmum Sun 12-May-13 19:20:53

Oh wise mumsnetters, am going on business in Europe for a couple of days from London City airport. Last time DP was there he had all his toiletries confiscated. So I have read the rules and everything is in a 20x20 cm sandwich bay, nothing more than 100ml.

I use spray deodorant. I have to go hand luggage only. Am I destined to smell for three days?

amidaiwish Sun 12-May-13 19:22:07

Buy it in boots after you go through security

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 12-May-13 19:22:56

You can get mini ones, in the mini dept at Boots or Superdrug.
Or the new concentrated Sure ones are 100ml - huzzah!

QOD Sun 12-May-13 19:23:49

Or have a travel stick or roll on

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 12-May-13 19:24:00

Lots of supermarkets do a pick' n mix type section so you can can get all your toiletries in 100ml or less sizes.

They probably sell deodorant in Europe too!

But I'd just buy it in Boots after you've gone through security, or take one of the concentrated Sure ones (I really rate Sure).

flatmum Sun 12-May-13 19:30:17

oooh those compressed ones would do the trick! Will get one tomorow before I go. Unforunately I can't buy in boots on the other side as I am going after work with my manager and apparently he adopts a last minute, take no prisoners, last man on the plane approach and I am worried I wont have time.

knew you guys would know!

Yeah, I had to ditch a spray deodorant once at security. Buy a small one airside, or go with roll-on.

flatmum Sun 12-May-13 19:32:46

ditto with the selling in Europe - packed schedule with no shopping time allowed and hotel not near any shops (might be one inside the hotel I suppose?). There is drinking time scheduled in the evening so I suppose I could sneak out to a supermarket .....

PiratePanda Sun 12-May-13 19:34:46

Seriously? Roll-on. Fragrance free if you can't cope with a different dmell, and maybe a spritz of perfume.

PiratePanda Sun 12-May-13 19:35:10

Sigh....smell.

flatmum Sun 12-May-13 20:46:14

I don't wear perfume and roll on irritates my skin, but thanks, I'll get a compressed one.

specialsubject Mon 13-May-13 20:57:59

look for the tiny toiletries stand in Superdrug. You pay a premium, but no alternative in this case.

starfishmummy Mon 13-May-13 21:30:46

You can get tiny nivea ones in the travel "miniatures" in a lot of places - I just got some in sainsburys. In my experience they last aboutt a week (UK, so not hot)!

remember too that you will lose your toothpaste if more than 100ml.

I'm not familiar with London City to know whether they have a Boots through security, does anyone know for sure?

flatmum Tue 14-May-13 11:11:17

Hi All, am here, am clean and don't smell!

In the end I got one of the new compressed size deodorants from Boots before I left (i got Vaseline as what I normally use but sure and dove seem to do them too). they are 75ml and I can confirm that they safely get through City Airport. I think these might be better value as last a bit longer than the travel size ones. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now