Pollensa holiday

(6 Posts)
summerholiday2013 Sun 12-May-13 02:25:41

Hi. I recently became a single mum and am taking dd aged 11 and 13 to Puerto Pollensa from 10-19 August this year.

I'm interested in meeting up with any other similar families there at that time. We are staying in a hotel that is directly on the beach but has no pool (Sis Pins). We like cycling, snorkelling, shopping and generally loafing, and haven't been to Mallorca before x

girlywhirly Mon 13-May-13 08:02:50

Can't help you with the family meet-up, but can say if you're practically on the beach the lack of a pool is no loss.

If you like quirky artisan shops, get the public bus from the road roundabout on the sea front (very cheap) to Pollensa town; but go in the morning so that you can have a good mooch and lunch. Come back in the afternoon as the shops there all shut for siesta.

Look at puertopollensa.com for lots of information for holidaymakers.

2munchkins Mon 13-May-13 09:32:48

Hi We went to Pollensa last year and would recommend going to the Town Square in the evening for meeting up with families. It seems to be a place that families of all nationalities congregate, walk, play, have a drink and we ended up talking to a few families.

makemineapinot Sun 19-May-13 22:36:42

I'm a single mum too and asking my dc ae 10 and 11, suh a shame we're going in July otherwise we could have met up! I'll let you know places too etc when we get back - but other people, please keep the tips rolling in!

We always hire bikes and you can cycle from Puerto Pollensa to Alcudia old town easily and mostly on a cycle path along the coast. There is a market day and they make doughnuts which are delicious.

Oh, and you can also walk across the hill to the beach at Cala San Vicente which is a nice walk and completely different type of beach - cove with waves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now