Temperature in Greece end of August?

(8 Posts)
CoffeePleaseSir Wed 08-May-13 13:28:45

Has anyone been? Know what the weather is like end of August please?

girlywhirly Wed 08-May-13 14:48:49

Usually very hot, probably in the 30's. It does depend where in Greece/Greek Islands you are, some places may have a breeze which helps a bit. I've noticed that travel brochures no longer print a little chart of predicted temps in different months because with global warming it is no longer consistent.

You could google Temperatures in August in Greece and see what you get back. As long as you don't take it as definite, we have experienced a freak heatwave in Kefalonia two years ago, mid September. We thought it would be around the mid 20's, in fact we had two weeks of 38 degrees! On the plus side, the sea was lovely and warm.

We have been to Rhodes for the last few years. In our experience the hottest time there is the last two weeks in July....thats really sweaty moustache type temperatures grin

August is very hot - the hotel we stay in is high up away from the beach and we nearly always get a breeze, but when we got there last August - at 7pm - it was still about 38 degrees <<melt>>

We dont often go to the beach LOL - that is beyond our lilly white skins to be honest!!!

girlywhirly Wed 08-May-13 15:33:50

That was us in Kefalonia two years ago, Shabba, melting! Had to get into the sea at regular intervals to cool down! It was still similar temp at midnight.

girly - there was hardly a drop in temperature right through the night where we were!!! We attempted the beach but couldnt put our feet down even on the wooden paths to the sea LOL. The same year the buses and taxi's stopped for a while and nobody would take any tourists to Lindos because its always much hotter there!!! We were 'shade chasing' all day LOL. Last year, in August, we didn't see one cloud on any of the 14 days we were there!

Nothing would stop me from going back to Rhodes as often as possible though - we did a lot of 'I like it hot, but not this hot!!' (Peter Kays line) but it was glorious!!

CoffeePleaseSir Wed 08-May-13 20:20:49

Blimey that is hot shock at least I hope it won't be raining wink

Where were you thinking of going? Oh my word I love Greece.....the people especially - they are wonderful x

CoffeePleaseSir Wed 08-May-13 21:00:44

The new holiday village in marmari kos it's just opened used to be magic life I believe smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now