Is is possible to find a resort hotel holiday for family with 3 preschoolers?

(18 Posts)
Marthanoooo Tue 07-May-13 14:22:45

Looking for a family friendly resort hotel in a warm place for the late summer. We would like to find a really nice hotel with gardens, ideally heated pool, nice view.. Problem: We have three kids, usually these hotels cater to two child families. Budget would be £200 ideally and up to £350 (if flights are affordable.)

Thanks if anyone could give me ideas?

forevergreek Tue 07-May-13 19:06:54

Do you mean £200 each? For a week? I can't see that doable.

The preschoolers aren't the problem, it's the price. I would say more £600-800 per adult, plus child price of free/ a few hundred according to age/ hotel policy.

So hotel, with family suite ( toddler all share double sofa bed/ or travel cot if too small) - approx £2000 total for weeK

We rented a top golfing apartment with 2 bedrooms in the Algarve for £340, and return flights were £115 each (though the infant went free). It was in term time though and the flights were pretty antisocial.

There was a heated indoor pool, and 3 outdoor (one was toddler-friendly) and there was a playground and kids club (closed but we were allowed to ask for the key at any time).

Marthanoooo Tue 07-May-13 19:59:25

sorry! i meant price per night..

Forevergreek - You seem to have a recommendation? Would be greatly appreciated! Most resorts I have contacted are looking for about 400 plus for all of us.

Starlight - that apartment sounds lovely! But as long as the kids are little and we can squeeze into a hotel room we'll try to do that..

Any more suggestions very welcome!

Oh, it was £340 for the week, not per night.

Poshest place I've ever stayed but I'm obviuosly from a different world grin

thirdfromleft Tue 07-May-13 20:13:27

I think you might work well to rent a a villa. Take a look at a website like ownersdirect.co.uk. The nicer ones have pools and maid service.

forevergreek Tue 07-May-13 20:14:58

What age are the 3 children exactly?

Fluffy1234 Tue 07-May-13 20:15:37

I stayed at Iberostar Cala Barca last year in Majorca and the accommodation there may work. We had a bedroom with a living type room attached. In the living room there were two single beds and quite a bit of extra space for a cot if needed. There was a double bed in the bed room. The pools were lovely and warm and the hotel had it's own beach and children's shows in the evening. I think we paid around £750 for nights mid August.

Fluffy1234 Tue 07-May-13 20:16:31

£750 for 4 nights.

forevergreek Tue 07-May-13 20:19:31

Have you looked on baby friendly bolt holes? You can filter price/ location/ things needed to children/ yourselves

Marthanoooo Tue 07-May-13 20:24:24

Starlight - Lets just say that we like to spend everything we have on holiday, that's all. Will look into the golfing apartments though for when the baby is two! What was the exact name?

Actually owners direct sounds great - just had a look, thanks!

Kids are 6 3 1

And thanks - will contact the iberostar - looks great!

Marthanoooo Tue 07-May-13 20:25:06

Baby friendly bolt holes? Never heard of. It but might be what we need, thanks!

BendyBusBuggy Tue 07-May-13 20:40:51

Two websites i find good for looking for hotels for our family of five are
www.travelrepublic.co.uk/
And
www.firstchoice.co.uk/

On both sites you can specify you want 2 adults and 3 dcs in one room and then search whole regions for hotels that offer this.

Big chains, e.g. Hilton or sheraton often have interconnecting rooms and sometimes offer the second room at 50% off.

E.g. Hilton giardini naxos in Sicily have two interconnecting rooms that should be in your budget. Easyjet fly to catania

sofi0308 Tue 07-May-13 21:20:26

many of the properties here

www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk/ten-best-baby-friendly-boltholes-overseas.htm

overlap with properties found here

www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/hotels-in-europe

with 3 preschoolers this is where you should be looking but you need to crack on, the bigger rooms at the best places are full already, families have been once with baby one, again with baby two, and they learn to book ahead by the time baby 3 comes along!

Vilar do golf

hf128219 Tue 07-May-13 22:48:01

lescarrasses.com is lovely.

mon786 Wed 08-May-13 13:19:56

Hi, If you have problem about what hotels to book for due to the budget I would recommend you visit this site http://hotelsdeca.com/.

This compares thousands of hotels and you could easily find a cheap but a high quality hotel within your price range. I've used this site to book hotel in turkey as low as £25.

RedNats5 Wed 08-May-13 14:08:39

I didn't reply before as I was thinking that budget will never work!

Now that's more realistic.

Try tots too holidays they have lots of family suite hotels.

The ones I can recommend are Sami beach club halkidiki, daios cove Crete (love this place) and princess yaiza lanzarote. They may all be too speedy though,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now