Passport validity needed for Tenerife

(11 Posts)

Hi last minute offer for end of this month, DP passport expires 4th september
Does anybody know how ling you need on your passport for Tenerife?

landofsoapandglory Sat 04-May-13 20:58:16

We went to Majorca, which is still Spain, when the DSes had 3 months left on their passports.

According to this you should be OK.

Thanks, so much conflicting advice on the net, worried slightly!

Ponders Sat 04-May-13 21:05:35

if you get it renewed this week you'll get it back in time and it will run 10 years from thr end of the current one

Ponders Sat 04-May-13 21:06:44

(mine expired in Nov, renewed in Feb, no probs. & it means you get a very slightly younger photo wink)

Considered that but fly in 16 days, cutting a bit fine i thought

Ponders Sat 04-May-13 21:12:30

ah, ok - as you said end of the month I thought you meant 3-4 weeks smile mine was back in 2 but I wasn't travelling imminently

sofi0308 Sat 04-May-13 21:52:47

check with passport office but i am 99% sure that as long as its valid until the day of your return flight, its fine... why wouldnt it be?

Thats what i thought i called foreign office they told me to call spanish embassy so thats tomorrows job!

specialsubject Sat 04-May-13 22:34:38

good luck on a Sunday...

this:

https://www.gov.uk/living-in-spain

says you are fine. Canaries part of Spain, part of the EU. Just get back before the passport expires.

theoriginalandbestrookie Mon 06-May-13 13:59:57

Pretty sure you are ok. Dh's passport had less than six months last time we went to Tenerife and I asked my friends who work on passport control and they said as long as it hadn't expired by the time he got back it was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now