Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh

(8 Posts)
gillywillywoo Thu 02-May-13 09:39:48

Do people still go? Is it still safe?

DH and I went in 2010 and 2011 and had a brilliant time. We stayed in the Marriott renaissance golden view beach resort and we love it!

2012 we didn't go on on holiday (we got married in December 2012 and went on our honeymoon in January this year - Dubai for a week then kuramathi island resort in the Maldives)

Now we had some sunshine in January we want more and we are thinking about booking a holiday for September grin

We'd both like to go back to Egypt but obviously things have been going on over there since we last went and we are wondering what it's like there now....

Crutchlow35 Australia Thu 02-May-13 18:24:03

Same as it was before. There are no travel warnings.

K8eee Fri 03-May-13 16:12:52

I had some friends go over there and have just come back, no problems from what they have saidsmile

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Fri 03-May-13 16:23:30

Went in nov 2012 no problems and roasting.

gillywillywoo Fri 03-May-13 16:30:29

Excellent!

MIL keeps saying "ohhhhh wouldn't go back there.. No no.. It's dangerous" with a stupid scared look on her face grin

We have always loved it there and want to go again.. And I think we probably will!

K8eee Fri 03-May-13 16:58:42

My mum is the same. I just agree with her to shut her up that its a 'bad place'. If it was that bad then no one would holiday theregrin for example, Afghanistan and Iraq I don't think ate particularly popular or have been for the last few years grin

specialsubject Fri 03-May-13 22:01:38

struggle your way through the messed up updated FCO travel advice site and you'll see that Sharm is fine, although you won't be going to Sinai.

mummy1973 Mon 13-May-13 20:37:47

We went in Feb this year and it was brill. Felt v safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now