Exodus adventure holidays, Morrocco

(7 Posts)
goingtobefree Tue 30-Apr-13 22:54:16

I want to go to Morocco for oct half term, can't really decide between arranging everything independently or go with adventure holiday company like Exodus.
I prefer to organise the accommodation and travel independently but we have only gone to Europe , so not sure if we can do it to Morocco.
But Exodus adventure holidays itinery is good and this is what we would have organised as well.
Please give your opinion regarding Exodus, or if there is any other company that will offer similar experience

goingtobefree Wed 01-May-13 16:18:44

Shameless bump....

lottiegarbanzo Wed 01-May-13 16:26:20

We or just you? Exodus are fine, well organised trips, can rush from place to place a bit but that's the nature of trying to fit things in. So much depends on the group you're with. As a couple that's not such a problem, alone it can make or break the experience.

I've been to morocco for a week alone then a week with a company, different one but same idea. It was very possible to organise myself for the cities, might have been harder for the rural and mountain bits, which is why i went with the group for that bit. Morocco is quite hassly as a lone woman but doable and very lovely. I'd like to go back.

goingtobefree Wed 01-May-13 20:49:48

Sorry, did not make it clear
It will be the whole family ; myself, dh,dd12 and dd2 5 yrs.

Needalifeagain Wed 01-May-13 21:00:54

Have done a few trips with Exodus and generally found them quite good. You are obviously on a schelude and have to go with the flow.

Morocco is quite easy to do independently. Fabulous destination.

A friend did do the family trip to Morocco last year. They were the only ones on trip and generally felt they got hard sell on carpets/pottery etc and any meals they paid for were overly expensive. Tour leader making a few quid?
They left the trip early and complained and got a refund.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 02-May-13 10:48:46

I don't know about trips aimed at families. Exodus mainly attracts singles and couples on their standard trips but on my Morocco trip there was a family with two (very well behaved) teenage children who fitted in fine. Not sure how a 5yo would fit into that dynamic but that probably depends on the 5yo and your expectations. I'm sure they could advise.

bekind Mon 06-May-13 20:23:36

Hi there. There's also a company called Families Worldwide which does the same sort of thing as Exodus but are properly families oriented. It was set up by a guy who originally worked for Exodus although I think he has moved on. Haven't booked with them but may do one day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now