Desperate to find suitable holiday!!

(12 Posts)
lucywiltshire Mon 29-Apr-13 19:38:58

Can it really be that hard to find a holiday that doesn't cost ££££££££s?! I am looking for a couple of weeks in the sun, short flight, either toddler friendly villa or hotel (nothing big). Must also suit elderly and not-very-mobile Grandpa. Kids are 3, 23 months and 9 weeks now, looking for holiday in either second half of June or July. Can it be that hard? Really?! Have spent far too many hours hunting on the net and have found nothing - always something wrong such as steep stairs, all bedrooms upstairs (not good for Grandpa), no lawn, no air-con, etc etc. I am not (too) fussy but when spending a few grand I need somewhere that is suitable for elderly and kids, with pool, not too far from beach and restaurants. Help!!!

Portofino Tue 30-Apr-13 10:23:43

Bargain in Almeria.

narmada Mon 06-May-13 23:44:05

How's about something with a kids club?!?!! Mainly for you as you must be knacked grin.

Southern France would be nice at that time of year. Sorry not much help on accommodation.....

Where would you ideally want to go?

makemineapinot Mon 06-May-13 23:49:38

What about a European campsite in a lodge or mobile home? Said this before but here is fab and all flat so easy to get around. About a 10 min stroll to local town but when we went the first time one family with another very immobile granny were able to get her a lift there and back from the guy from reception and his golfbuggy!!! Obv can't guarantee that service but site is great and beach safe and lovely. Plus u get your outside space and BBQ!

narmada Mon 06-May-13 23:50:23

We stayed here with v small kids and grandparents. It was lovely. Nowhere near beach but there may be a lake one somewhere nearby.

narmada Mon 06-May-13 23:52:25

I was also going to suggest a fancy mobile home site. They aren't glam but are fab with little ones and also popular with older people wink

lucywiltshire Tue 07-May-13 22:18:30

would love to find somewhere with a kids club but haven't managed to find anywhere affordable. I am desperate for a little bit of luxury as have been either pregnant or BFing for 4 and a half years! Kinda need a proper break, so sun is required!!! I need to read lots of books, maybe have a spa treatment, eat amazing food and feel the sand between my toes!

lucywiltshire Tue 07-May-13 22:21:28

Narmada that place in France looks fab! Would be perfect if I could relocate it to the beach! Thanks everyone x

narmada Tue 07-May-13 22:31:11

What's your budget? I love a good fantasy-holiday-planning exercise. I am a thwarted travel agent grin

We found that place in France through Baby Friendly Boltholes. They have lots of different places on their books, throughout Europe. Might be worth a browse.

lucywiltshire Tue 07-May-13 23:04:09

Narmada I love BFB website - everywhere on it is so amazing!!! Our budget is probably about £3,000 all in (so probably very unrealistic). Tots Too is also a great holiday website but way above our budget!

sofi0308 Thu 09-May-13 22:08:11

you should just call the girls at babyboltholes, they will know whats suitable and whats available..

johnpaolo Mon 20-May-13 17:30:59

try here www.holidaysinspain.weebly.com not much space left though :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now