Anyone been to Cala D'Or, Majorca

(13 Posts)
SillyBlueHat Sun 28-Apr-13 20:31:01

What is it like? Would you recommend it?

Hermionewastherealhero Sun 28-Apr-13 20:37:33

I would recommend. Lovely restaurants, lots of little streets to wander, nice bay. We had a lovely week an will go back now we have a baby. We planned to this year but I couldn't face all the hoohaa of taking a 8 month old on a plane so we are going to center parcs instead!

Queenofknickers Sun 28-Apr-13 20:40:06

Fab, lovely beach, harbour and restaurants - we went with 8 mo in a villa and it was wonderful.

shellyf Sun 28-Apr-13 20:46:26

yes .We went several times when ds and dd were little.We loved it.

Went last year and stayed here.

I loved Cala d'Or. It's a busy, cosmopolitan, vibrant resort with hundreds of thriving restaurants. There is very little AI there, hence the local economy hasn't suffered as much as elsewhere.
How old are your DCs?
Mine are teenagers and it wasn't quite what they wanted.

makemineapinot Mon 06-May-13 00:44:43

We went at year but stayed in Cala Egos which was about 15 mins through the marina to Cala d'Or centre. Was lovely and would go back. Cheaper than the centre too....

DoodleAlley Mon 06-May-13 02:24:47

We went with two year old a few years ago and loved it.

There's a fabulous boat trip you can do around the coast where it stops in the middle of the sea and you can climb off the back of the boat and swim in what feels like open waters, but isn't really.

makemineapinot Mon 06-May-13 23:37:49

Is that the trip to Mondrago beach? We did that and it was fab!! Dc loved jumping into the sea off the boat!

Bellini12 Fri 10-May-13 11:03:02

How does Cala d'or compare to Puerto Pollensa? As the beaches seems more like smaller bays, do they get really mobbed in the summer holidays?

Never been to Pollensa but I can say for sure the beaches at Cala D'or are tiny and packed to the gills.
Our hotel was on the edge of the beach though so we went down for a snorkle but didn't stay on the beach.
If beach is important to you I would go elsewhere.

makemineapinot Fri 10-May-13 23:35:13

Yes totally agree with secretscwirrels the beaches round Cala D'Or weren't great at all, tiny coves and so overcrowded. Hence the boat trip to the beach. The beach at Pollensa sounds o much better. My dc prefer the pool now and we are spoilt at home living beside some fab big long beaches!

landofsoapandglory Sat 18-May-13 10:46:25

Secretscwirrels we're staying at the hotel you stayed at in July. Can you give me an idea of what it was like, please?

We've been to Cala D'Or 4 or 5 times before, so know the area quite well.

jamtoast12 Sat 18-May-13 11:11:09

I have been to cala dor and puerto pollensa and think cala dor is much better. for me, PP was a bit too quiet with little to do for the kids.

PP has a nice long beach whereas cala dor has coves so where you stay would influence which beach or cove you went to. We stayed at the Barcelo in calla dor which is around cala Ferreira cove and for me, having visited several coves, this was by far the nicest.

Cala dor has bouncy castles, trampolines etc etc for kids whereas I didn't see anything like that in PP so as mine are primary age, PP would be boring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now