Portugal

(7 Posts)
carmen66 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:05:08

Hi we are thinking about Portugal with our 7 year old for a family holiday..
I'm very confused about which resort we will be going on July..
We like hotels with things to do ,close to the beach & all amenities as we do like to venture out for walks we will also be going all inc..
Which resorts are very family orientated with a short transfer? any hotel recommendations thankyou smile

timidviper Fri 19-Apr-13 19:14:17

Val de Lobo is a nice family resort and near to the airport.

Mark Warner have the Ocean Club at Praia da Luz which is a bit further along the coast which is a sporty, family resort.

Vilamoura is also lovely. There are a lot of hotels down near the beach but you would have to check them out individually

carmen66 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:11:40

Thankyou Timidviper, I have been doing some research & have been looking at Albuifera , it sound's ok but I made a mistake a few years ago when we went to Turkey we stayed in a gorgeous hotel in Antalya but there was absolutely nothing outside of the hotel it was very built up..
We do love beautiful scenery with nice shop & restaurant walks ...
I'm very nervous now about holidays as hubby leaves it all to me haha...

Bowlersarm Sun 21-Apr-13 19:15:14

Carveiro is a fab town with a lovely beach and restaurants. Other lovely beaches within a short drive. Has a road train too which is great for small children. I can't recommend any hotels though as we've only stayed in villas

dreamingofsun Sun 21-Apr-13 20:57:48

get a book from the library. carveioro sounds nice, or cabanas de tavira or lagos. albuiefera sounds a bit like blackpool, but my IL's loved it....they also like benidorm.

if hotels get booked up as quickly as villa's i'd get a move on.

We've just come back from Cascais, 30 -40 mins from Lisbon.
Fab place, has a marina and old town, very pretty. Theres just 2 of us so can't help with the children part, but we'd go back most definitely smile

Montechoro is right beside Albuifera, there are some fab resorts down by the beach, and the old town of Albuifera is a 20 min walk (and there's a little train that goes all around the back of the two resorts that you can hop on and hop off)

You can also walk there along the beach - if you do it early morning, you'll meet the clubbers strolling home!

There's also the "strip" which runs right up/down the hill in the middle of Montechoro and is full of shops/restaurants and bars.

We did a couple of day trips, one along the coast (lovely little fishing villages) and one to Seville (that was a hugely early start though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now