summer holidays again!

(7 Posts)
JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 18-Apr-13 13:28:54

so we are wanting to go for 10 days, somewhere hot, sunny, beachy, pool, 3 adults 2 children (9 & 13). It needs to be nice, not too pricey, pref half board and not too long a flight. 5 hours would be ok.

We are taking my Mum with us. god help me for being a good daughter grin

I have looked at Egypt, (Red Sea area) but with all the trouble and the elections happening in June, not sure August would be 'safe' I dont really want to go to a resort that is 'UK with sun'

Please help me. Beginning August is when DH is thinking of.

My brain is mush after searching internet.

givemeaclue Thu 18-Apr-13 13:31:31

When you saynot too pricy, what do you mean as different people have different ideas on what pricy looks like.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 18-Apr-13 14:09:37

ok, lets think the price out. I have found holidays from £2K to 12K - I would like the lesser of those prices and not more than £5K max.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Wed 22-May-13 20:37:33

Just bumping my thread - because I have decided that I would like to go to Egypt again. El Gouna or Hurghada. Hotel or apartment/villa not sure about and beach/lagoon definite.

So, who has been to either place? Recommendations please if you have. Think I prefer El Gouna though.

Fluffy1234 Thu 23-May-13 09:20:49

Fort Arabeseque which is Makadi Bay ( half an hour from Hurghada) is lovely. There is a good mix of nationalities and the beach and reef are fab. But it would be so hot in August.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 23-May-13 15:41:08

We went to Luxor a couple of years ago in August and we could all get on with the heat. I think it is more bearable because it is a dry heat, and you have pool/lagoon to cool off and air con.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 25-May-13 10:22:26

shameless bump - come on you lovely vipers, help me find a bit of sun for hols in August!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now