Single mum with two kids holiday?

(8 Posts)
pico1 Tue 16-Apr-13 20:40:17

Anyone got a recommendation for a holiday for DD (7), DS(4) and I? Have done a couple of short trips but this will be our first real holiday together. Budget about £2000 for departure end of June. Am not completely averse to self-catering but do find it a bit relentless. Was thinking Club Med La Palmyre but am being v indecisive for some reason. Would love some recommendations/ideas. Thanks.

itwillgetbettersoon Wed 17-Apr-13 08:44:04

How about a mobile home on a canvas site and do a fly / drive? In June their prices are reasonable and the sites will be quieter but all the facilities will be open. Usually the sites have a restaurant or takeaway and a shop. I find the children make some lovely friends on these sites.

3MonthMaid Fri 19-Apr-13 13:07:25

I'm just back from a lovely holiday alone with DD to the first choice holiday village in Cyprus.

It was lovely and DD loved it. There were other people alone with their kids too so I certainly didn't feel like the odd one out. The entertainment for kids is fantastic. Bit cheesy but they love it.

I paid under 1k for the two of us.

Its the Aliathon village.

Highly recommend it as a relaxing family holiday! You can go into pafos too for a bit of culture and the beach is across the road.

loulouppy Fri 19-Apr-13 23:51:30

trouble with end of june is that all the other kids will be pre school age, your big one might be the oldest child around by a wide margin. just a thought.

pico1 Tue 23-Apr-13 21:45:43

Thanks all. Loulouppy, we are in Ireland where school hols start from the end of June so hoping there may be some Irish kids around. Will have a look at all your suggestions. Thanks again.

makemineapinot Thu 25-Apr-13 21:57:28

We're going here in July - lots of Rih and Scottish kids around at that time! Loads of ami,y friendly places in the Balearics!

makemineapinot Thu 25-Apr-13 22:04:35

I took my 2 dc as a single mum to both and we ad very relaxing holidays. Argees site is hilly and although we loved both, Portofelice is still our favourite - and Venice is amazing. Great wee watermark in Caorle , about 20 mins away on the bus.

Phoebe47 Sat 04-May-13 17:17:56

Scottish holidays also start end of June so will be other children around for your 7 year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now