Funchal (Madeira) with a 2.5yo - things to do

(7 Posts)
Judez99 Sat 13-Apr-13 16:12:13

Hello, we are spending a week in Funchal at the beginning of June and I wondered if anyone could recommend things to do with a 2.5 yo? We've been there before but he was only 9m then so didn't really need much entertaining! We'll be staying in a timeshare with swimming pool etc so we will have that too.

Thanks

girlywhirly Mon 15-Apr-13 14:06:55

You could go up in the cable cars to the Botanical gardens, but really, Funchal doesn't seem to have a lot for small DC. Of course it may be different now, I was there a few years ago.

piprabbit Mon 15-Apr-13 14:09:34

I went to Maderia for my honeymoon. There is bog all to do for anyone, young or old. But we were on our honeymoon so not an issue IYSWIM blush.

Judez99 Fri 26-Apr-13 18:33:26

Ah well - looks like we will be spending lots of time in the pool then! Thanks both

learnermummy Fri 26-Apr-13 18:36:47

Hmm yes either pool or walk to park at bottom of hill for swings and ice cream smile. My two enjoyed the cable car up to Monte and the birds in the presidents garden.

TheDevilsGherkins Fri 26-Apr-13 19:15:14

H'mm. I am looking for a holiday destination that is warm, peaceful, and has bog all to do but sit beside the pool and the sea. And eat and drink well, obv.

No night life, and preferably between 20 and 27 degrees.

Is Madeira my answer??

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 27-Apr-13 23:13:32

Madeira the holiday destination of the newly weds and nearly deads. The market is quite fun to visit, but apart from that lots of time in the pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now