Do cheap last minute deals exist for luxury resorts with kids clubs in June?

(6 Posts)
Radiator1234 Sun 14-Apr-13 20:49:33

Ooh ok Rosvita v good to know re. Prices.

I think on the "luxury" front maybe I actually just mean "really nice". Not really prepared to pay luxury prices so prepared to get what I pay for if you know what I mean.

Rosvita Sun 14-Apr-13 19:19:33

Hi.we have been to holiday village viva in Majorca twice and was a good hol but I agree with pp's would not class it as a 'luxury' holiday more a very good all inclusive resort-we particularly like the kids entertainment and the apartments which have a separate sleeping area for the kids..we paid £750ish the 1st time we went but that was s/c and during term time with a baby only. The last time we went our children were 4 and 1 and I think we paid around £1000 and topped up to a/I when we got there which was an extra £500ish or so.i'd say the prices you've been quoted therefore seem quite steep.we travelled from our regional airport.

Radiator1234 Sun 14-Apr-13 16:09:20

Ok thanks for that. It looks to be only one of two 5 star resorts out of the holiday villages (other one in Rhodes) and gets good reviews on trip advisor but I really have no clue. I did check out Sovereign their resorts look lovely but are a bit pricier. Thanks v much for the tips though!

givemeaclue Sun 14-Apr-13 12:41:39

Sorry, that does seem high for first choice, but not for a luxury holiday

givemeaclue Sun 14-Apr-13 12:41:06

I don't think first choice holiday villages are regarded as luxury, often get mixed reviews but great for kids. That does seem high for outside school hols for one week, I would shop around. Sovereign are good for luxury hols with kids

Radiator1234 Sat 13-Apr-13 13:19:34

Looking into booking a package holiday for a family of four with a 3 year old and a 3 month old. Not been on a package holiday for about 20 years so feel like a dear in the headlights. Quite fancy a "holiday village" 5 star (firstchoice) resort in Majorca. Pricing it it looks to be circa 2-2.5 grand for a week. Is this the going rate or would we be able to wait until the week before and pick up a similar luxury resort in Spain or Greece for less?

So I guess my question is- do cheap last minute deals in nice fancy places really exist or is it better to just book in advance and pay the brochure price?

Any tips/ replies appreciated.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now