Holiday help please

(30 Posts)

Agh. We still haven't booked this year's holiday, other than a few days in London. No idea where to go and it has to be in the first week of August, which will restrict us somewhat price-wise too. The dds count as adults now, which again puts costs up.

Any ideas please? No more than £2000 absolute tops. Ideally somewhere with a self catering apartment, a pool would be nice, cultural places to look at, not too many people. It doesn't have to be hot, hot, hot but it must be dry!

Thank you.

We're going to Gran Canaria (Canary Islands) 4 seats as DC are both over 2yrs. Used Skyscanner fir flights ss previous poster recommended. I found norweigan airlines to be incredibly cheap and they give you free wifi on board.

Forgot to say flights including luggage (4 cases and hand luggage) less than £200 each for 16 days in august thats good I think.

sofi0308 Thu 25-Apr-13 17:52:06

i hope mine will still want to holiday with me when they are 18 and 16, have you decided yet?

TantieTowie Tue 30-Apr-13 19:21:09

We went to Berlin last summer with DC 1 and 5, and thinking about going back this year, possibly also to Poland. We stayed in a self-catering apartment in the suburbs for a week, and then took the overnight train to Denmark for four days. We went to Berlin Zoo, did a bike tour, went to the municipal beach on a lake (Strandbad?), Museum Island, crazy art golf on the runway of former Tempelhof airport. In Copenhagen went to Tivoli Gardens, art gallery in the countryside on the train, and general wandering. Was great but Berlin definitely better for us. Spent about £2k all in.

TantieTowie Tue 30-Apr-13 19:29:15

PS It was about 30 degrees, last week in July/early August (were there for Olympics opening ceremony). But then it was hot here too that week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now