Camping/glamping in Europe with 2 and 6 yr old, no car?

(7 Posts)
makemineapinot Thu 25-Apr-13 22:02:47

Portofelice near Venice - it's on the bus route from Marco Polo to Caorle, fab place. Or camping le bios du valmarie in Argeles which is abut 50e in a taxi from Perpignan airport - Dutch guy in the campsite shop des taxi transfers but it was slightly more from airport taxi rank. Neither site require a car and loads to do in the area. Better beach at portofelice as the wee beach beside the campsite in Argeles is shingly. Can walk into town etc from both and pool areas great at both too - Argeles pool area mallet but stunning scenery as in foothills of Pyrenees and by the sea.

Portofino Thu 18-Apr-13 12:52:04

I was going to suggest La Carabasse but I prefer the look of Serignan Plage.

MinimalistMommi Wed 17-Apr-13 18:31:09

Wow fi your holiday looks amazing! Can I ask how much you're paying for flights and is it during summer holidays?

lilysma Wed 10-Apr-13 21:05:55

Wow, thanks for the quick responses, I will check them out!

The clever sages at mumsnet directed me here:
http://www.coolcamping.co.uk/ - good start.

fijamez Wed 10-Apr-13 20:53:30

i am taking DS (3) on my own to

www.leserignanplage.com/rental-south-of-france/index.htm

flying to Bezier then taxi

lilysma Wed 10-Apr-13 20:51:09

Anyone got any suggestions? We don't have a car and don't drive, so can do flying and easy public transport/shortish distance in a taxi. We're looking for one of those places with pool and stuff to do for the kids and the chance of a bit of warmth/sun. This would be our first trip to Europe with the kids so we'd like something hassle free! (and not too expensive). We're not fussy at all blush...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now