Duinrell - wassenaar euro camp

(16 Posts)
spottymoo Fri 12-Apr-13 13:26:44

thank you for the lovely comments unfortunatly its now out for this year as dh has to have an op at the end of the month but as soon as the prices are out for next year we'll be booking as it sounds great for us all

Portofino Tue 09-Apr-13 22:11:35

We're currently I. Leiden which is just up the road from Duinrell and well worth a visit.

makemineapinot Tue 09-Apr-13 20:17:12

Try Selectcamp fr pricing. We went with Eurocamp the first time and Selectcamp (£115 for 5 days Whitsun!!! Not inc ferry but used Tesco vouchers for Harwich/Hoek van Holland overnight crossing which was fab). Selectcamp was not only cheaper but van was better and in a more central location. Def worth looking at and it's a fab place!

namechangeagain2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:17:22

yes it looks brilliant just want to book with someone that will deal with any "ishoos" that might arise. Keycamps gets slated really badly for this site on tripadvisor.

GoodtoBetter Sun 07-Apr-13 22:12:26

Too old for Miffy then. Have a look at the various companies' websites and see which one you like the look of. The keycamp caravans aren't like poky little pull along caravans, they're more like mobile homes. The theme park is great and there's loads to do around..Delft, miniture village at the Hague, Amsterdam (we liked the zoo too), Wassenaar beach..etc etc.

namechangeagain2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:07:21

7 and 5 plus very fussy partner. If I say the word chalet or caravan he may freak but it looks like a great fun place for the kids to me.

GoodtoBetter Sun 07-Apr-13 21:59:54

How old are your kids? We went with keycamp as we wanted a Miffy caravan (lovely for toddlers). found the service during booking and when there very good.

namechangeagain2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:59:18

re you effectively getting the same thing though or is , for e.g. one company going to be offering better caravans then others - they for e,g, all sell 3 bed caravans.

invicta Sun 07-Apr-13 21:55:52

You book direct with these companies. Have a look at their individual websites to get the best deal.

Forgot to say, we went out of school holiday times, and there was a real mix of nationalities. We overlapped with the start of a half term holiday. Then the place was invaded by Brits. It was a lot busier then. ( we preferred it quieter with more nationalities, as then we felt 'abroad' rather than in an English campsite).

invicta Sun 07-Apr-13 21:52:46

We went in 2011 and loved it. We stayed in a Eurocamp caravan. All the key camping and caravan companies are represented there, and each have their own little section of the site. If I remember correctly, we had to pay for the pool, but the theme park was free. We tended to go at non peak times. There's a lovely beach not far away, and Amsterdamc isn't too far either. Like a lot of campsites, the camp shop is a little pricey, so go into Wassenaar, and use the local shops there.

namechangeagain2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:52:34

oops can see it is even more complicated: Eurocamp, Keycamp, Canvas, Thompson and the Duinrell.nl website to get the best price.

Any preference for service?

namechangeagain2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 21:45:57

we are looking at booking this. Do you book direct? I can see various references to keycamp and eurocamp also. I am confused. There also seems to be choice between chalets and caravans - any preferences? Thanks.

GoodtoBetter Sun 07-Apr-13 07:23:14

Went last May with a 4 and 1 year old (keycamp miffy caravan) and LOVED it. Best holiday ever. We had a car and also went to Amsterdam and Delft. Brilliant. quite a lot of things for the 4 year old to do in the theme park and loved the pool complex. Brilliant holiday!

Portofino Fri 05-Apr-13 18:40:02

We will be there 17th to 20th and at least one of the other Belgian MNetters is going the same time. So we might see you there wink

Portofino Fri 05-Apr-13 18:38:46

Tis great. We went last August with the tent, are booked for a May BH with Keycamp. The pool complex is really good though gets busy. The funfair part might be a bit dull for older teenagers if they like BIG rides but for younger kids (my dd is 9) it is fab. Worth checking the different companies, Eurocamp, Keycamp, Canvas, Thompson and the Duinrell.nl website to get the best price. The on site supermarket is good. The buffet restaurant a bit so so, but lots of places to eat in walking distance including a great pancake place just up the road.

spottymoo Fri 05-Apr-13 14:31:19

Has anyone been to durinell with eurocamp me dh dd and dss are thinking of going for a week late may

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now