Disneyland Paris May half-term - where to stay and how long?

(4 Posts)

Thanks for the advice. We've booked 2 nights in Paris then the Disney New York Hotel for 2 nights (don't think any of us grown-ups could cope with more than 2 nights there!) Thought if we did DLP the boys might be cross at being dragged away to go to Paris.

BeaWheesht Tue 02-Apr-13 06:56:38

I would stay in a Disney hotel.

There are:

Davy Crockett ranch - self catering and you need a car
Cheyenne - cowboy themed more budget option
Santa Fe - cars / desert themed and budget ish
Sequoia lodge - more upmarket with pool
Newport bay - nautical themed, edge of lake Disney, middle of road had indoor and outdoor pools
Hotel New York - near top of range
Hotel Disney - 'best' one and right next to park.

IMO none of them are luxury and are all more expensive than you'd pay for the equivalent hotel elsewhere but that's Disney for you. Most of the rooms sleep 4 - you can get adjoining family rooms in some hotels but I'm not too sure on this. Cheyenne and Santa Fe have a double and bunks I think per room whereas others have 2 doubles . Breakfast buffet is included. You can do half or full board meal plans but IMO they aren't worth it but that's partly because, for us, one of us is veggie, one under 3 and one fussy eater. Food is pretty basic and unhealthy by the way.

I wouldn't go for less than 3 nights / 4 days and I'd then have 2 nights in Paris.

Have fun!

Skygirls Tue 02-Apr-13 06:30:56

You could probably do both theme parks in 3 days at DLP, so a minimum of a 2 night/3 day stay. But, this may seem rushed as it can get pretty busy. If its the first time, I think it would be better to stay a bit longer and not be so pressed to get everything done, as you'll be worn out by the end of the day. Best is to take it leisurely to get the most enjoyment out of being there.
I would recommend 3 nights/4 days stay. If you stay at a DLP hotel, there are a few extra benefits like exclusive park hours, fast pass to certain rides, being close to the parks etc.

If you want to combine with a stay in Paris, I personally would do Paris first and Disney after, but that's horses for courses. You could stay in Paris and take the rer to DLP, about 30 mins or so, but not as magical for the kids, and also tiring to go back at the end of the day.

Ok, to summarise, IMO, stay in Paris first for sightseeing etc and then stay at DLP for 3 nights at a Disney hotel. Eurostar trains go direct from Marne La Vallee to Ashford and London St Pancras.
(Or do Disney first and then Paris if you prefer)

Have a fun may half term whatever you decide. smile

MIL has kindly offered to take us all to DLP during May half term. It is probably DH's idea of hell on earth and MIL doesn't do rides but I'm sure our 4 & almost 8 yo DSs will love it.

We'd also like to combine it with at least a full day in Paris. Should we stay at one of the DLP hotels and then spend a couple of nights in Paris or could we stay in Paris the whole time and travel to DLP from there? How many days would we need in DLP? Don't want to spend a total fortune but don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'penny of tar either. I haven't a clue where to start with any of this so all help gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now