Where is nice in Spain?

(7 Posts)
OneHandFlapping Mon 01-Apr-13 18:48:07

Thx KDDD.

Am off to google

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 01-Apr-13 15:41:44

Nerja / Salobreña / Almuñecar on the Costa Tropical. Beautiful places, lots of character and things to see. Beautiful beaches and places to eat.
Sitges is great too as is Pals/ Aigua Blava around that area.

elQuintoConyo Mon 01-Apr-13 11:24:06

thanks EstoyAqui

Sitges is very nice. You can eat for a good price, there are lots of ice cream shops!

If you get the train into Barcelona for a daytrip, get off as Paseo de Gracia station as that's bang in the centre and about 4 blocks walk from the Ramblas.

I feel a daytrip coming on grin

OneHandFlapping Sun 31-Mar-13 19:07:16

Sitges sounds nice! Kids are teens, so proximity to Barcelona probably a plus. I just don't want to stay in Party Central.

Santander - doesn't have the benefit of the Mediterranean climate. although I seem to remember that the North coast is very pretty.

EstoyAqui Sun 31-Mar-13 19:02:39

Nothing to add but elQuintoConyo I love your name. smile

elQuintoConyo Sun 31-Mar-13 18:59:11

Sitges (30m south of Barcelona El Prat Airport by train). Coast, nice beaches, lovely long promenade, (lots of people walking, kids on bikes/rollerblades, old people with dogs), little boutique-y shops, nice old town. Gay Capital of Spain (unless Cadiz has taken the crow?) just so you know. Google it, lovely place. i'd go with dc in a flash.

Further down the coast: Tarragona. Roman stuff galore including an amphitheatre overlooking the sea. 1hr/1hr20ish south of Barcelona El Prat by train, or 15 minutes from Reus-Ryanair (hiss, spit). Very quiet, near Port Aventura theme park and aquapark. Lovely people, polite in hotels/cafes etc, very child-friendly. Big 'paseo' leading to the 'balcony' overlooking the sea - you're supposed to walk along it everyday and look at the sea! I live here with DS age 16mo and it's GREAT for small ones. Perhaps not much to do if your dc are teens. barcelona much better but obviously noisy.

We've also been to Santander - gorgeous place, huge beach, great for surfing, kite-surfing. Not sure if it's very safe for swimming, you'd have to check that. Great food, great summer weather. There's a local airport, not sure who flies there.

Have fun!

OneHandFlapping Sun 31-Mar-13 18:50:29

Southern Spain - don't mind whether Med or Atlantic coast, but quiet, on the coast, and no more than am hour's drive from the airport?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now