Landal Parks, any tips?

(10 Posts)
WynkenBlynkenandNod Wed 03-Apr-13 19:27:00

Oops, meant that to go on another thread, sorry.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Wed 03-Apr-13 19:13:47

Just to update this for anyone looking in the future. The station carpark at Aachen is a multi story right by the main station building. We bashed the street name into Satnav and got there fine. It's one of those take a ticket and pay at machine on way out.

We used the ticket machine to buy tickets, there is an English option. The queue in the ticket place was long. A day return for the 4 of us was just under 40 euros. We went to Cologne but I think it is valid for other places in the area and the ticket is for up to 5 people. Out train continued onto Bonn after Cologne.

There is a little train thing that takes you to the Chocolate Museum. It's the Bimmelbahn or something like that, is yellow and green and goes from where the buses are at the side of the Cathedral, 19 euros return for the 4 of us. Runs every half hour. There's a tour guide who speaks English as well as German and you get to see some of the Museums and old buildings enroute.

Chocolate museum was 24 euros for the 4 of us. DD felt sick so we didn't stay for that long. It was good though, DS enjoyed it. All the signs are in German and English.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Mon 01-Apr-13 20:06:30

I am here Portofino, in bed MNetting on my iPad grin

Portofino Mon 01-Apr-13 20:03:52

I have Het Vennenbos and De Lommerbergen on my list. You are off to Hoog Vaals this week aren't you Wynken? envy

Portofino Mon 01-Apr-13 20:01:59

I love Landal - have just recommended them on another thread. Second the network cable for the laptop, though there is generally wifi in the public areas in my experience. Book up for activities when you arrive as they tend to book fast. The breakfast package is huge. I normally order for 2 adults and that does the 3 of us for breakfast and a packed lunch.

Hi, We've been to Landal het Vennenbos with a 3 year old and we had a lovely time.

We took loads of food but didn't find the onsite supermarket that bad tbh.

Take your own towels for the house as well as for swimming (we forgot and had to go and buy some!).

The kid friendly bungalows had baby change table, bath mat, and step.Oh, and some toys too.

Yes - no oven, but a nice gas hob.

The pool was grea but I seem to remember the lifeguards being quite strict and insisted we put armbands on our dd (in 4 inches of water grin!).

If I think of anyting else I'll post again. I'm sure you'll love it.

wakarimasen Sun 31-Mar-13 19:20:46

Brilliant, thanks for that! Looking forward to trying Landal as we've been to centerparks a few times. Rabbit hill was much cheaper even when you add in flight costs (school holidays unfortunately!)

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 31-Mar-13 19:12:45

Think it was Vaassen which has a couple of supermarkets (not big like in the UK) which doesn't take long to get there. We also ran into trouble with the cashpoint in Rabbit Hill, it only took Maestro. We got given some dishwasher tablets, cloths etc and a couple of loo rolls plus a bin bag to start us off.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Sun 31-Mar-13 19:03:27

Be aware that when they say Free Internet they don't mean wifi, you need a laptop and lead to connect.

Swimmimg pool has baby changing room, pool is good for a small child. Cottages don't have ovens, just microwave and stove. Mine are older so we didn't take much notice of child facilities but we're currently at Vaal Hoog and have noticed a high hair, cot and stair gate . We were one level at Rabbit Hill which avoided the stair issue.

Getting the beds made up in advance was well worth it. Shop is quite expensive so we went to the supermarkets in the nearby small place, can't remember the name and DH's googling isn't working. The monkey place would be good for that age as long as not likely to be scared. You get to walk amongst them in some places and a little one jumped onto a small child in a pushchair.

wakarimasen Sun 31-Mar-13 15:46:38

We're going on our first visit to a Landal park (rabbit hill in Holland) and wondered ifanyone has any tips at all? Maybe things that the cottages don't have that we should pack?

We're taking our 18 month old and are staying for a week.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now