first choice holiday village... Tenerife or lanzarote

(8 Posts)
pud1 Sun 31-Mar-13 12:30:14

i have bee looking at the trip advisor reviews and i agree about some of the lanzarote reviews.
i think the portugal one was much the same. the compramise was on the food but the kids were so happy there i was happy with the compramise.

i would love to hear from some one on here that has actually done lanzanrote.

Crutchlow35 Sun 31-Mar-13 11:00:45

The first choice advert with the man in the green shirt going on holiday with his family is the Tenerife HV.

Crutchlow35 Sun 31-Mar-13 10:59:27

Breakfast and lunch were good. We ate in self service buffet but dinner was for me a bit like school dinners. There was lots of choice but it definitely wasn't a quiet relaxing time.
There was a specific kids bit where they can help themselves. A roast of the day from the grill and plenty of salads and other hot food. TBH, the kids activities were so good that dinner in the evening was a compromise we were happy with. Would do HV again but may be not the Tenerife one

Good thing about the Tenerife one is that all rooms are suites. They have good pools and lots of soft play and climbing areas. There is the football academy too

The wine is terrible though.

If you have very young kids I would buy duty free and have drinks in room at night. If you like wine buy when there and keep in room fridge.

I would add I would never go in summer holidays where is is for uk customers only. It holds about 3000 people at full capacity.

elvisola Sun 31-Mar-13 10:57:01

I was trying to choose a Holiday Village this year and Lanzarote gets lots of really bad reviews, might be a reason it's cheaper. Have a good read through on Trip Advisor.

pud1 Sun 31-Mar-13 10:53:27

CRUTCOW35- that's one of the plus points of lanzarote. It's in a great location. What was the food like?

Crutchlow35 Sun 31-Mar-13 08:27:03

We did the Tenerife one last February. Not full of Brits at the time and was a fairly good package holiday. Thing being, if you want to go out for a walk, the hotel is on top of a hill and a very steep one at that. Town is at the bottom of said hill and not much to see or do there unless you head to playa or Christianos which are both 3/4 of an hour away.

Entertainment, kids club etc are all very good here.

My dd's friend and family are going back to the Tenerife one this year after being there last year so must have been a good holiday. We are going back to the Tunisia one this year - were there 2 or 3 years ago and enjoyed it.

pud1 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:06:02

I am trying to choose between the first choice holiday villages in either mandatory or Tenerife. We went to the one in Portugal last year and had a great time so are going to go to one in May but can't decide. I have chosen the canaries mainly for the weather as we had a lot of rain in Portugal in May last year. The lanzarote one is about £500 cheaper so I am basically trying to gauge weather the Tenerife one is worth more.

If anyone has been to either I would love your opinion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now