Good hotels in Budapest

(9 Posts)
Bajas Fri 29-Mar-13 21:07:35

Great tips everyone. Thanks so much smile

Redbindy Fri 29-Mar-13 20:56:59

We went to a spa hotel on St margerettes island, which is situated in the Danube (Duna) between Buds and Pest. Very good public transport links all over the city. Other posters are right though, buy your tickets in advance, and clip them on the bus/tram.

Bajas Fri 29-Mar-13 20:52:15

Definitely like the sound of the wine tasting wine. When dh was last there it was still communist so no doubt he'll see some changes!

Bajas Fri 29-Mar-13 20:50:18

Fabulous five I'll get googling!

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 29-Mar-13 20:49:46

YY to tram inspectors, you can get a book of tickets or but a three day pass at the airport, get a minibus in and book it for when you come back, Sculpture Park was a bit meh, Heroes square is awseome, and Horror House gives a look into the history of Hungary, wander round Parliament and youwill find brass balls stuck in walls in the places where bullets hit buildings in the uprising. UNder the Castle you have the catacombes and wine tasting.

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 29-Mar-13 20:46:43

The Gresham, was flats when I lived there but the building was amazing and has been turned into a 5* hotel, The Hilton which is up in the Castle area and has amazing views, the Gellert is a really old fashioned hotel with spa attached, also the Kempinski but that is ultra modern.

Bajas Fri 29-Mar-13 20:43:45

Thanks toasttoppers grin

Toasttoppers Fri 29-Mar-13 20:24:22

I stayed in a decent hotel but a rather boring conference one. Just wanted to say visit sculpture park, brilliant day. Beware the tram inspectors if you use them they are jobs worths par excellence.

Bajas Fri 29-Mar-13 19:52:28

Have just booked surprise city break for dh's 40th in Budapest. He was there when he was 13, loved it and has always wanted to go back. I'm looking for a really nice hotel- either quirky or luxurious. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now