Alicante Car Hire

(19 Posts)
Aldwick Wed 24-Jul-13 18:20:59

In case anyone comes back to this - autos javea were great and I can highly recommend them.

loulouppy Fri 12-Apr-13 23:43:21

just heard from someone that global car rip you off by charging you in pounds, billing you in euros, crap exchange rate, over priced
petrol etc etc..
and save yourself a tonne of grief by bringing your own car seat for baby

Peetle Thu 11-Apr-13 17:10:30

Don't use Avis. After returning our car last year we got a bill for £260 for "repairs" after returning an immaculate car (with about half a tank of petrol). We got most of it back from the insurance but never got a peep out of them when trying to find what they were actually charging us for.

SoldeInvierno Wed 10-Apr-13 11:21:53

Yes, it was easy to collect and drop off. No issues at all

preggersbycheggers Tue 09-Apr-13 20:33:14

We just used these and they were very good.

If you are ones to take out the extra insurance then doing it in advance is cheaper.

Aldwick Mon 08-Apr-13 12:15:59

Autos Javea do look good and very reasonable. Can I ask if it was easy to collect and return the car at the airport?

SoldeInvierno Sat 06-Apr-13 20:55:19

this company (sorry)

SoldeInvierno Sat 06-Apr-13 20:54:53

I always use these company and I find them very good: http://www.autosjavea.com

They are a small company, rather than one of the huge international ones, and I find their customer care very good.

Rindercella Fri 05-Apr-13 15:07:08

Brilliant link, thanks Louppy.

loulouppy Thu 04-Apr-13 23:56:31
magentastardust Tue 02-Apr-13 16:44:49

The sea should be nice and warm-we went to Alicante and Murcia last July -fab weather and warm sea. Just watch out for Jellyfish. I can't remember who we hired a car with although I think it was centauro -No probs .

Aldwick Sun 31-Mar-13 12:46:15

Thanks loulouppy - any other tips/recommendations? I don't know this part of Spain at all but am so looking forward to seeing some sun! Any idea what sea temps will be like in July?

Rindercella Sun 31-Mar-13 09:20:18

Great! I need to hire a car from Alicante and so this thread is very useful smile

I will be travelling by myself with a 3 and 5 year old though, so no chance of me being first in the queue! I remember last year I did the same in Italy and thankfully chose the car hire company with a relatively small queue of people. There was another one which had a line of people snaking around the terminal.

loulouppy Sun 31-Mar-13 09:14:40

oliva beach is big and wild, loads of sand, sometimes big waves, it will be gorgeous. i think the pizza place is called ALi baba and its purple.

Aldwick Sat 30-Mar-13 17:05:32

Going to a place called Oliva with three under 6 ...It will either be wonderful or a disaster with nothing in between I feel!

loulouppy Sat 30-Mar-13 10:06:31

where are you staying, its a great stretch of coast, and how old are the kids? our favorite spot is just outside altea on a pebbly beach, really quiet and lovely bars.

Aldwick Fri 29-Mar-13 23:13:51

Thanks that's really helpful - Will get on to searching again tomorrow.

loulouppy Fri 29-Mar-13 22:00:54

we have used Altissa i think they are called, no problem at all, also Sixt and centauro and europcar. if you read all the reviews you would never leave home. alicante airport has had such a great overhaul its a lovely airport and the trick with car hire is dont be second in the queue.. one of you go ahead with the drivers licences while the other waits for luggage. and if you can bear it take your own car seat and save yourself a bit of hassle fitting the hire car seat. and fifty quid.

Aldwick Wed 27-Mar-13 14:58:36

Any recent recommendations? It is such a minefield out there with negative reviews for pretty much every company. I guess people are less likely to post straight forward no hassle experiences so if you've had one of those in the past year or so please let me know who with. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now