Recommendations for first holiday with 2 year old, please!!

(7 Posts)
sausagedogfan Fri 22-Mar-13 23:20:32

Oh and there is evening entertainment, The stuff for the children is fine, my DS's enjoyed it. The stuff for the adults is pretty shite but we only caught it once, most evenings we sat on our terrace drinking wine while the DC's snoozed. Lovely!

sausagedogfan Fri 22-Mar-13 23:17:50

We've just come back from Lanzarote. We stayed AI in Playa Blanca at the Flamingo Beach Resort for the second year running, and our DC's are now 3.5 and 17mo. It's pretty much perfect for a holiday with small children. It's on a lovely beach, but has several really child friendly swimming pools. They have people dressed up as clowns and animals making an appearance once every afternoon. The food is good, there is loads of choice so even the fussiest child would be fine. The rooms are good (they all have a separate lounge and bedroom area, but the superior ones are better as they are closer to the beach, a bit bigger, and tend to have a secure terrace) The only downside is the 4 hour flight angry grin. All in all it's a fab holiday for a family with a small child. You'll find it if you look on the First Choice Website. I suspect we'll be going there until we can no longer afford it (ie when we have to go in school holiday times!)

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 22-Mar-13 23:01:01

Try Sensatori hotels - any of them are fab. We have been pre DD but its great for her. They have great kids care and activities but it also has a relaxing environment. We are going to the Sharm one this year which is all inclusive.

Fairypants Fri 22-Mar-13 22:45:55

I went self catering when dd's were little- it's just easier to handle.
Italy is the most child friendly place we've been, they just love the kids so much they are welcome everywhere.

PoppyWearer Fri 22-Mar-13 22:36:47

A couple of friends have said that Portugal is very child-friendly but can't speak from personal experience, sadly!

tillyann2013 Fri 22-Mar-13 22:20:27

Could have written this myself! Will be following with interest!

fynnsmam Fri 22-Mar-13 21:14:14

Hi,
first time posting on anything like this! I'm hoping for some advice on the best places to take an active 2 1/2 year old boy. He's a really fussy eater so we were thinking all inclusive, somewhere hottish, preferably couple hours (or there a bouts) flight time, near a beach, entertainment in hotel and good for kids. Sounds a big ask I know! Been looking at Majorca, Menorca, the Costas but totally and utterly befuddled now! Please help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now