paris - hotel

(8 Posts)
AuntySib Tue 19-Mar-13 23:43:50

Am looking to book short break for me and DH in Paris in April. years since we went anywhere without the kids, and I am a little overwhelmed at the online choice! Can anyone recommend a nice but not too expensive hotel in central location? Something with a bit of character?

ThePavlovianCat Wed 20-Mar-13 16:43:37

We stayed in The Hotel Duret when we were in Paris last May and really liked it. It's a small hotel, has really friendly staff and is near both the metro and buses. There was also a gorgeous patisserie at the end of the street that we went to every morning to grab something for breakfast.

AuntySib Wed 20-Mar-13 19:49:24

Thanks, am checking it out.

MrsDoomsPatterson Wed 20-Mar-13 19:51:39

A friend went to hotel Brittanique - it looks lovely!

mono3 Wed 20-Mar-13 19:56:57

We stayed in the Hotel Bel Ami last year. Great location, near metro and lots of cafes/restaurants. Rooms weren't very big but perfect for a short break.

I just stayed in the five hotel last month. Rooms were small but lovely. Staff really nice. Patisserie on the corner of the street, lovely windy street with cheese shops etc.. just a few minutes walk away. about a 10 min-ish walk to the Pantheon, 20-30mins to Notre Dame.

We got a really good deal booking directly with them, in advance.

itsanewday Wed 20-Mar-13 22:01:34

I used to stay in a gorgeous place called the Hotel le Saint Gregoire. Great situation, beuatiful place. Small and with character.

AuntySib Thu 21-Mar-13 23:14:42

Thanks everyone. Hotel le saint gregoire in particular looks perfect. If only it came with a Eurostar deal! Am trying to work out how to do it in the most economical way....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now