Off to Barcelona this weekend. What should I do/ where should I eat?

(8 Posts)
Rizzlekicks Tue 19-Mar-13 23:25:04

Never been there before and no children in tow. Would love to hear of any suggestions

Geordieminx Wed 20-Mar-13 12:10:54

Oh there is the most wonderful tapas bar... I'll find the name.

Aside from that

Font du majic if its on
Tourist bus
Marina
Wander round El Born district
The food market just off La Ramblas
The fairy bar for a drink (just off La Ramblas next to wax work museum)
Sangrada Familiar if its your kinda thing (I wasnt impressed blush)

Wil be back with some links in a bit

Geordieminx Wed 20-Mar-13 12:13:58

Tapas is Tapeo, anem de tapes.

It's a bit hard to find, but it's pretty central and really amazing. Get there early or be prepared to wait though.

Absy Wed 20-Mar-13 12:16:41

Yes yes to El Born - it's a really lovely area to wonder around in the evening. Parc Guell is good - amazing views over the city, and an interesting place to visit.
The beach is nice (99% because there's people walking around selling mojitoes) but now may not be the time to go ...
The Picasso Museum is excellent - lovely building, amazing collection.

In El Born there's a Tapas place called Taller de Tapas which a) is good IMO and b) also appears in "Vicki Cristina Barcelona" at one point.

I'm very jealous - Barcelona is one of my favourite cities.

You can also hire these four wheel buggy things to go driving around in, which I haven't done, but looks fun.

Geordieminx Wed 20-Mar-13 15:28:25

It's my favourite city too. Have been 5 times and never tire of it.

Geordieminx Wed 20-Mar-13 15:28:55

Still haven't done cable car or Tibedeo though

ThePavlovianCat Thu 21-Mar-13 10:07:17

Definitely go to the food market that is just off las rambas. There is also an excellent cocktail bar at the top of las ramblas caled Boadas. Look at the Gaudi architecture. We only looked round the outside of the Sagrada Familia though as we thought it was quite expensive to go in.

ThePavlovianCat Tue 26-Mar-13 15:03:19

Did you have a good time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now