Canary Island recommendations

(11 Posts)
rainbowmagic1974 Tue 19-Mar-13 22:34:54

I'm going round in circles looking for somewhere to stay next feb in the Canary Island.
I'm not fussed which island, just needs to be suitable for children aged 4, 8 and 10.
I don't mind whether its hotel, villa or apartment.
Does anyone have any personal recommendations of places you've stayed and loved?
Thanks

loulouppy Wed 20-Mar-13 19:58:36

everyone will say princess yaissa or whatever its called on lanzarote, i stayed close by and stuck my head in and thought it was vile, like a cruise ship without going anywhere. tenerife is the best island, check out iescapes and baby boltholes, they must have something.

Kbear Wed 20-Mar-13 20:00:09

Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura - perfect family holiday, we went AI, no complaints, seven pools, great animation team for the kids, can't fault it.

33goingon64 Wed 20-Mar-13 21:01:29

Lanzarote is amazing but steer clear of the resorts and go for a Self catering villa. Child friendly, great beaches, laid back vibe, amazing light and fascinating cultural features ( which I believe the other Canaries don't have).

dinkystinky Thu 21-Mar-13 12:23:40

Love Lanzarote on the quiet side of the island - we stay in a self catering bungalow with shared pool in Arrieta (beach there too). Check out Caleta Campos bungalows. Off there in a couple of weeks.

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 22-Mar-13 19:43:50

This will be our forth time to Tenerife in October. We have stayed at the Iberostar Anthelia which was wonderful and right beside the beach - however I think you would need 2 rooms so would be £££, and the Regency Country Club. This is up a hill but has lovely 2 bed apartments, a great pool and nice low key entertainment.

DebK2012 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:54:02

I think La Palma is very nice and quiet.

Bunbaker Fri 22-Mar-13 19:59:01

Just bear in mind that the weather in February can be disappointingly chilly with a cold wind. I have been to Lanzarote twice. The first visit in March was lovely and warm - about 22 degrees. The second visit was in February and we struggled to hit 16 degrees some days. Definitely not pool weather.

The island is lovely with lots to see and do, but some of the resorts are a bit characterless.

RedNats5 Sat 13-Apr-13 09:34:50

Playa blanca in lanzarote is a perfect family friendly resort offering all kinds of accomodation to suit your needs
We were there this feb half term and weather was pretty good. We had one storm, some cloudy and some sunny. Generally cloudy mornings so we would go somewhere/walk then sunny afternoons by the pool.

LouLouH Sat 13-Apr-13 09:41:49

GRAN CANARIA we go every year to playa de mogan. Really family friendly, sea is calm, several beautiful beaches nearby, boat rides to other beaches, yellow submarine experience! Great restaurants and very fresh fish. Plenty to do on island (easiest to hire a car ( kids will love Sioux City (cowboys, google it) aboriginal land, crocodile zoo (in aguimes). Holiday wirkd (think its changed name now but big funfair). I could go on....

LouLouH Sat 13-Apr-13 09:42:03

Holiday *world

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now