Somewhere warm at the end of April

(5 Posts)
Bearcat Tue 19-Mar-13 13:03:27

DH and I want to go somewhere warm enough to sit on a sunbed at the end of April.
We are in our 50's and could probably spend about £700 per person.
Can anyone recommend a nice place that they may have been to so we can get a bit of sun and relax for a week.
TIA
(just posted something similar which disappeared into the ether, so may appear twice!)

narmada Tue 19-Mar-13 23:17:50

In terms of locations, are you thinking Europe or further afield?

If Europe, then for guaranteed sun you would probably need to consider the Canaries, Cyprus, Northern Africa (Tunisia, Morocco) or Madeira I reckon.

Redbindy Tue 19-Mar-13 23:20:45

As narmada said, plus maybe Gambia.

Bearcat Wed 20-Mar-13 07:45:15

Thanks or your posts narmada & redbindy
Spent a long time looking yesterday afternoon and had come across all those places except for Madeira & Gambia.
DH came home and the first thing he said was 'We're not going to Cyprus' because of the current situation, which I probably agree with.
Am looking pretty hard at a hotel in Lanzerote at the moment, but may have become fixated.
DH going to do some research tonight while I'm out. There seems to be a lot of choice for the day we want to go.

lizardqueenie Sun 24-Mar-13 10:26:19

How about Cape Verde? We went Pre DD in October & had a lovely time. It was very much a holiday sighting the resort, we just flew & flopped if that's the right phase?!

Think we booked through Thomas cook or Thompson but stayed at a RIU hotel AI which was lovely & relaxing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now