5+ bedrooms Villa somewhere Europe...no idea where to start!

(9 Posts)
DXBMermaid Wed 20-Mar-13 12:24:32

Try cuendet.com we've rented villa's through them both in Italy and France and have always had a great experience.

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 20-Mar-13 12:17:37

There are some amazing villas in Tuscany. We stayed in a 5 bed with pool last year, loads of privacy, bathrooms, space and a huge pool. Owner was delightful, loved kids. I can find the details if you want.

moojie Tue 19-Mar-13 12:42:38

Wow portofino you have hit the nail on the head there! Thanks so much for everyone's input. I'm excited about looking now rather just massively daunted last night! Too much responsibility to choose the perfect holiday for the inlaws!

ceeveebee Tue 19-Mar-13 08:51:42

Try villaselect.com
We had a 4 bed villa in Pollensa, Mallorca last September and it was wonderful and great customer service too. I had a quick l For your budget you should easily find something.

Portofino Tue 19-Mar-13 08:43:58
Fairyloo Tue 19-Mar-13 07:36:23

Croatia lovely. Cheap, beautiful. You can travel around easily for days out.

Pula, dubrovbic all gorgeous

missmoffatt2705 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:34:04

I am in a similar position and have checked the skyscanner website to find out where the cheapest flights are and then once you know where you are flying from, you can look for accomodation in your area. For example, in Spain, the cheapest flights are to Barcelona (from Gatwick) probably because there are several airlines competing on the route. With skyscanner, you can search for the cheapest flights to 'anywhere' for your given period. I am looking for a 2 bed flat with shared pool and there are loads but you need a much bigger property. However you can filter the search on the property websites so as to input size of party and how many bedrooms required. Villas in Spain tend to be out of the town centre so you would need car hire which bumps up the cost.

frenchfancy Tue 19-Mar-13 06:30:24

Why not start by browsing through the owners direct site. If you do an advanced search you can put in your requirements.

moojie Mon 18-Mar-13 20:37:49

Planning a holiday with DH's family, siblings and children etc somewhere in Europe in late August/early September. There will be 8 adults, 2 children (4 and 5 yrs) and a 17 month old.

We have discounted a hotel as getting the number of rooms will be a problem and also the 3 children will need to be bed 8ish so one of us would be stuck babysitting.

I have been trying to look for villas but a bit overwhelmed with it all! We don't really mind where we go (? Spain/Portugal/Canaries etc) but would like to be close to a beach and amenities (ideally to avoid car hire). Looking for 5/6 bedrooms with a private pool.

Can anybody recommend anything or advise me where to start! DH and I usually go AI Thomson etc so not really much planning required but this is a different kind of holiday entirely.

Budget £12-16k for accommodation for a fortnight.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now