3 or 4 night mini honeymoon, wb 5/8/13

(17 Posts)
headlesslambrini Sat 20-Apr-13 09:31:13

Lake garda in italy. absolutely fantastic. we have just come back. pretty little streets etc to wonder around and a street market which travels around the different towns on the lake. we stayed in garda for3nights. would love to go back again in the future actually if i win the lottery i'd buy a place there.

gordonpym Sat 20-Apr-13 09:26:49

Taormina.... but then August, might be very hot

soupmaker Thu 11-Apr-13 10:34:17

We went on honeymoon from Glasgow to Paris in August last year. Barcelona another good bet. Check out tripadvisor for decent cheap hotels or even better go for an apartment. Palma is a great city too.

catinboots Sat 06-Apr-13 19:50:11

Sorrento x

We did 5 days for our honeymoon at the end of August followed by 10 days on the amalfi coast.

Sorrento was perfect - sun/sea/restaurants/shopping etc

I can PM you the name of a great hotel up in the Sorrento hills which is a 2min walk from an amazing village with tons of restaurants and bars, but also a 10min shuttle ride to Sorrento

Geordieminx Sat 06-Apr-13 19:45:42

Barcelona. Raval hotel. Beach, sight seeing, tapas, culture, people watching. Bliss

waitandsee Fri 05-Apr-13 13:18:23

Just mentioned this on another thread, but have you thought about Budapest? The city is beautiful and the food and drink are also really good. Alternatively, have amazing memories of a mini break in Cologne - again, a lovely city, lots of history and great beer (if that's your thing). Neither are too far away or pricey. Third and final suggestion is Riga in Latvia, although might be a bit small for three days - two days perfect though. HTH, and congrats on your wedding!

waitandsee Fri 05-Apr-13 13:17:47

Just mentioned this on another thread, but have you thought about Budapest? The city is beautiful and the food and drink are also really good. Alternatively, have amazing memories of a mini break in Cologne - again, a lovely city, lots of history and great beer (if that's your thing). Neither are too far away or pricey. Third and final suggestion is Riga in Latvia, although might be a bit small for three days - two days perfect though. HTH, and congrats on your wedding!

dinkystinky Mon 25-Mar-13 09:51:44

Barcelona or Amsterdam would probably be lovely destinations

JudithIscariot Mon 25-Mar-13 09:50:15

Amsterdam - flights at £80 per person with Easyjet Nice suite?

JudithIscariot Mon 25-Mar-13 09:39:49

Would second Barcelona, or Seville, or Prague, Bruges?

twinkle1010 Sun 24-Mar-13 20:31:10

I went to Marbella a couple of years ago stayed in the park plaza suites it was lovely.

Also, went to Barcelona last august and loved it. Would highly recommend Hotel Jazz. (cost about £800 for three nights/four days.)

Tommychoochoo Sat 23-Mar-13 19:55:52

We stayed outside Paris but tbh didn't stay in the hotel that much. You could also look at Dublin or Amsterdam or if you want somewhere on the beach and warm we stayed in Marbella once in PYR Marbella apts. they were fab right next to beach. Marbella was great, I just had a quick look on google and found it for about 800 inc flights in August smile

roughtyping Sat 23-Mar-13 19:48:24

Aaaah a reply! grin

Will have a look at Paris. Went a couple of years ago for 2 nights and it was just over £500 for both of us. We stayed quite far out though. Would love to go back to the catacombs - not romantic but we both loved it!

Tommychoochoo Sat 23-Mar-13 19:46:50

Have you thought about Paris. I went with dh and it was beautiful. We did 3 nights and paid far less than 1k.

roughtyping Sat 23-Mar-13 19:44:54

Final bump!

roughtyping Tue 19-Mar-13 18:20:39

Bump smile

roughtyping Mon 18-Mar-13 19:19:08

Looking for inspiration. OH and I getting married in August - we are going on a family holiday in June 2014 but would love to get away ourselves for a few days after wedding. Would be flying from Glasgow, pretty open to anywhere fairly close. Not wanting to spend too much as have our big holiday next year - ideally less than £1k all in. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now