Struggling to find anywhere to meet our odd requirements.

(10 Posts)
Likeaninjanow Mon 18-Mar-13 14:12:13

My DS2 has some severe food allergies. We manage to make life very normal for him, except when it comes to holidays! Our top priorities are:-

1. Must be near hospital.
2. Must have good healthcare system.
3. Must be self catering, with full kitchen.

So, we've been to France the last few years, but want to try Spain or the Balearics. We don't want a villa as the DC are 8 & 5, so they like kids to play with. Every apartment I've looked at so far says 'kitchenette'. The photos reveal this to main a microwave, toaster & 2 rings if you're lucky! There's no way that will work.

Can anyone recommend anywhere? I really want to take them somewhere other than France. It's quite demoralising thinking 'no, that won't work. Nope can't go there'. We used to like traveling...

SingingSands Mon 18-Mar-13 14:28:08

Have you looked on the owners direct website? Think it's called www.home away.co.uk we use it every year. Pick your destination then look at the apartments available. We stay in the La Isla apartments in Javea (Spain, Valencia region), the 2 bed apts have a full kitchen. There is a hospital nearby (we've never had to use it) and plenty of supermarkets for a good choice of foods. Always lots of families holidaying which keeps the kids happy.

Likeaninjanow Mon 18-Mar-13 14:37:28

Thanks! I'll check it out smile

BreasticlesNTesticles Mon 18-Mar-13 19:18:55

What about Germany and the Rhine Valley?

Likeaninjanow Mon 18-Mar-13 19:55:53

Nice idea, but I'm in Germany a lot with work, so I'd like something different.

loulouppy Tue 19-Mar-13 11:51:40

what kind of allergies? the place that mumsnet loves the most is Caserio del Mirador in spain and the cook there feeds kids every day what ever they need, allergies are kind of expected, when we were there there was a little girl allergic to just about everything on her third visit.. but then again they may well be full. and the apartments have kitchens.

Likeaninjanow Tue 19-Mar-13 16:10:20

That sounds amazing! Even if its already booked, we could go next year. He's allergic to all dairy, eggs, peas & pulses and sesame.

I'll look into it. Thanks!

Likeaninjanow Tue 19-Mar-13 16:27:45

Just looked and it's beautiful! My only worry is that 2 very energetic boys (5&8) might disturb families with younger children. Do you know if that would be a problem?

loulouppy Wed 20-Mar-13 11:17:41

my guess is your kids are a bit big for caserio del mirador, its very much about babies. there wouldnt be any other kids that age there at the same time, and that is part of the fun when all the little 18month olds are having their baths outside together etc.. but spanish food would work fine for your allergies, meat and fish and rice and chips, just stay off the cheese and the tortilla and the lentils!

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 20-Mar-13 12:09:54

Austria or Switzerland? Clean efficient, great hospitals?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now