Holiday suggestions please

(6 Posts)
Phoebe47 Mon 18-Mar-13 22:06:07

Thanks for all the suggestions. Think we have decided on Lanzarote as will be great for the kids and we can have a relaxing time. Sadly Portofino although we have a healthy budget it doesn't come into the money no object category. Maybe someday - a girls gotta dream.

Milliways Sun 17-Mar-13 15:57:00

So many Mumsnetters have recommended the Playa Mar in Majorca that I have booked it - so hope it is good!

Portofino Sun 17-Mar-13 15:26:12

If money was no object I would go to my favourite beach in the |South of France - Gigaro. family rooms in this hotel. Money REALLY no object. sister hotel with equally scary prices

It is lovely there though.

Phoebe47 Sun 17-Mar-13 10:46:21

Thank you Groovee, I will have a look now. Think our girls will love it and if they are happy we will be happy.

Groovee Sun 17-Mar-13 10:34:12

Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote was brilliant. A short walk to the beach, 7 different pools. Lots of places to visit around about and a nice town centre. We got the boat to Fuertaventura and visited the sand dunes which were lovely and worth it.

Would love to go back. They offered half board or AI and the food was gorgeous.

Phoebe47 Sun 17-Mar-13 10:30:16

Have not had a holiday for 3 years for complicated family reasons. This year we will be able to take a holiday and have been looking at loads of brochures but just finding it difficult to decide. Do not want to do self-catering if we can avoid it; shorthaul (obviously as on this thread!). Ideally we want hotel based; a beach is essential as we have 5 year old twin daughters; also would like nice places to visit on a few non beach based days. We have a healthy budget so hope all you lovely mumsnetters can help us make up our minds. We live in the London area so flying from Heathrow or Gatwick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now