Malaga, hotel or villa away from coast, next weeked. Please help!

(15 Posts)
sollie Wed 20-Mar-13 12:49:49

Found a really nice village and house in Tolox beside the national park between Ronda and airport. I'm delighted I posted as I got great suggestions. I looked up all your links and will visit most of them. No matter what the weather has to be better than here. Will report back!

campocaro Tue 19-Mar-13 16:17:01

Ronda does have plenty to see - and a rich history. I guess if depends on the kinds of things you like to do: beautiful, spectacular walks all around, Arabic baths, Bandit museum,historical and beautiful bull ring/museum (interesting even if you abhor the modern day bull fights), the 'Tajo' gorge and park, beautiful houses and squares, Flamenco performances, lots of different restaurants and several bodegas that you can visit you taste the famous Ronda red wines.
Day trips from Ronda (all within an hour): Grazalema, Zahara,Setenil, Roman theatre, Genal Valley. Seville is an hour and a half by car, Jerez 2 hours.
If you are in Ronda in the week before Easter there will be daily spectacular 'Semana Santa ' processions.

PhyllisDoris Tue 19-Mar-13 14:09:49

Mijas is nice, as is Calahonda. Calahonda is by the sea, Mijas up in the mountains, but not too far to go to the beach for the day.

Portofino Mon 18-Mar-13 21:07:54

Nerja? Not inland mp but you might get a bargain in March.

Portofino Mon 18-Mar-13 21:06:43

None of mine any good? Happy to keep looking...

sollie Mon 18-Mar-13 19:03:40

Does n't have to be near Ronda, we'll just day trip there. A budget hotel away from the coast, in countryside or a selfcatering house - nearer malaga is fine.

PhyllisDoris Mon 18-Mar-13 18:56:57

Ronda is miles from anywhere. Pretty, but not much to keep you busy for a week.

sollie Mon 18-Mar-13 18:53:18

Thanks for your suggestions! We have only one week. Any more ideas? I love the sound of that hotel and am contacting them although their rooms are small for our family size. Any more ideas? PLEEEEZE

campocaro Sun 17-Mar-13 10:20:09

The temperatures are still cold at night in the Ronda area-there was snow in the mountains just 2 weeks ago! Make sure you go somewhere with heating. For a short break I would go for a hotel so you don't waste time getting in supplies (local shops in villages closed Sat afternoons and Sundays)
Ronda is fab -this place has amazing views and a brilliant spa www.booking.com/Hotel-Reina-Victoria
From Ronda you can get to pretty places like Grazalema-worth a visit
This is also fab www.hotelcasagrande.es in a beautiful village about 15 mins from Ronda-stunning views and great food at the hotel

Portofino Sun 17-Mar-13 09:50:16
Portofino Sun 17-Mar-13 09:47:10
Portofino Sun 17-Mar-13 09:43:31

435 for a week.

Portofino Sun 17-Mar-13 09:34:02

How long are you going for? Gaucin is lovely.

sollie Sat 16-Mar-13 20:30:18

We were thinking of somewhere near Ronda. Weather forecast is 19-20 degrees for the week. Would a hilly area be too cold at this time of year? Oh I hope Lucy 123 is looking in on this

sollie Sat 16-Mar-13 19:54:25

I've just bought cheap flights to Malaga for next weekend and have no idea where to stay. We are 2 adults and 3 kids aged 12-15 and want a place in the countryside or small village. A cheap villa or is there such thing as a cheap hotel? I am utterly panicked and am almost regretting my decision already. HELP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now