So, have you been to a VERY baby and toddler friendly hotel, less than 5 hours away?

(8 Posts)
nannyl Fri 15-Mar-13 20:33:26

Had a fab week in futerventura with our 17m old, and planning to go somewhere similar next year with a 2.5 year old and a 9 / 10m old.

Ideally somewhere that needs no jabs
on a similar time zone
all inclusive
family friendly resort
(we loved the shallow paddling pools as warm as baths)
near to nice beach (but sea views not essential)
nice food / buggy friendly (not steps everywhere)/ lots of high chairs etc etc, childrens play area (kids club a bonus but not essential, as we like to be WITH our children, most of the time)

we had a suite and having had that i would like the same again as it makes washing bottles / storing milk / washing up cups etc easier.

I want warm (low - mid 20s) / relaxing / family friendly in march or early april 2014.
air con

LaFlotte Sat 16-Mar-13 07:34:40

Have you heard of Kinderhotels? Think they are Austria so near lakes rather than beach but I remember finding them and wishing I had known of them when DD was a toddler.

Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife.
You have Loro Parque there for a day out.
Twas quite nice.

Or Baron Resort in Sharm. Dont leave the hotel, bit hotel itself was awesome.

HappyAsASandboy Sat 16-Mar-13 07:43:53

The Sensatori hotels from Thomson are exactly what you're looking for.

I have been to the Tenerife and Crete ones and they're both fantastic. The Tenerife one is newer and bigger (and slightly nicer!) but doesn't have a beach, the Crete one is still great, but a little smaller, but has a beach over the road (and is cheaper!).

Except for the Tenerife one not having a beach, they both have everything on your list smile

pizzaqueen Sat 16-Mar-13 09:19:51

First Choice holiday villages have everything you listed. We went to the Algarve, Portugal one in October and loved it - so much for little kids to do and lots of choice and options of where to eat etc. big pool area plus seperate splash park for kids. There was a zoo marine park nearby too which was a great day out.

There's lots of holiday villages to choose from.

Startail Sat 16-Mar-13 09:29:28

I've done various Thompson family hotels on the East cast of Mallorca, Bonaire, in Cala Bona and Vista Badia in Sa Coma which are nice.

Rather small children's pools, but my two were happy out of their depth with arm bands from being very small. Company that runs these hotels has a very small people friendly looking water park in Sa Coma.

My knees and back won't take crouching in kids pools, so they've never known anything else. They've done big water parks since very little too.
Haven changed DD1 is off being a fish today too.

Lykia world, turkey near Olu deniz.
Great for kids. Have choice of residence (hotel) or village (apartments). Food great too

nannyl Sun 17-Mar-13 21:08:26

thanks for these

have lots to look consider for next year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now