Spain - Eurocamp/Thomson Al Fresco. Trying to decide between Playa Montroig, Park Playa Bara, El Delfin Verde or Castell Montgri

(11 Posts)

With sites will be a mix of English and dutch who all speak English anyway so your dd will make lots of friends!

International is about a 25 minute walk out of Platja d'aro which has lots going on, bars, restaurants, kids play areas etc. The site is just over a bridge to a lovely little beach which is connected to lots of other coves - its very pretty and nice for walks. Castell Montgri is about a 15 minute walk from Estartit which has a long sandy beach and a small marinated. Easy for boat trips, snorkeling etc. Plenty of tapas bars and Spanish restaurants alongside English style bars and pizzerias. Castell Montgri is by far the busier site but still ok in June. We're going on the 3rd for 10 nights. I'd recommend either Canvas or Alfresco their mobiles tend to be newer smile

notyummy Thu 14-Mar-13 15:05:44

Thanks so much for this - really handy. We do like to be able to walk to a few different bars/eateries do the more isolated ones wouldn't suit us, even though we have a car. We would like a site where there may be some other Brits just so dd might meet other children who speak English- not because we are the fish n chips/full English brigade!! Will have a look at the other one you mention - would you say that it fits the criteria above?

Hi. I've worked on some of those sites so hopefully can help, I'm also going to Castell Montgri in June. I really like it but wouldn't go in high season as its too busy and a bit like Blackpool. Low season is lovely. Estartit is small but has a great beach and some nice restaurants. Campsite can be expensive and restaurant is poor but we bbq most nights so its good for us. Play Bara has good entertainment, restaurant etc. but there is less to do in the area. Delfin Verde is again lovely but a bit more isolated - I would hire a car. Have you considered International de Calonge? Really nice site. I'm off to work but I'll come back later if you want to ask anything smile

Oscarandelliesmum Thu 14-Mar-13 12:26:20

Sorry, no experience here but hope you have a lovely time! (bump)

notyummy Thu 14-Mar-13 11:48:22

Bump

notyummy Wed 13-Mar-13 11:31:16

Bump

notyummy Wed 13-Mar-13 10:00:20

Bump

notyummy Tue 12-Mar-13 22:16:45

Bump

notyummy Tue 12-Mar-13 21:31:43

Bump

notyummy Tue 12-Mar-13 21:13:55

That's it really! Have looked on Tripadvisor and they come out with not dissimilar statuses - overall good with a few drawbacks. We will be going in June with 6 year old dd. Have travelled with Thomson to sites in Italy before but not Eurocamp. Would welcome any feedback about the sites or the companies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now