Recommendations for somewhere to stay in Berlin?

(3 Posts)
CharminglyOdd Tue 12-Mar-13 20:51:27

Just me and DP. It's my birthday and we're taking a long weekend (Friday to Monday) as we've received an invitation to a celebration then as well. As it's my birthday I thought I'd be really fussy but DP wants to book this week and I'm losing inspiration!

Shopping List

- Within walking distance of Oranianberg Str., a max of 20 mins (celebration is at Neue Synagogue)
- Max about £100/night
- Own bathroom/shower room
- Don't mind if it's an apartment/hotel/B&B as long as it comes highly recommended, either by MN or Tripadvisor etc.

My secret guilty hotel would be the Radisson with the aquarium in it but DP is reluctant to spend c.350 total with flights etc. However if anyone can highly recommend it I may give persuasion a go!

Thanks to anyone who has suggestions smile

Cremolafoam Tue 12-Mar-13 21:06:07

www.holidayflats-berlin.com/novalis111.html
Stayed here - easy walking distance to Oranienburger Strasse

Also have stayed at The arcotel velvet which is at the freidrilstrasse end of Orienburget st
Vair nice

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 20-Mar-13 12:06:46

www.hotel-berlin.de/das-hotel/fotogalerie.html

I got an excellent deal on Hotels.com for the Hotel Berlin. It's in a good location for shopping at KaDeWe and the metro/open top bus connections are nearby.

Some nice local retaurants in the area too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now