A week to 10 days with 4 year old twins and a 5 year old?

(10 Posts)
Thewhingingdefective Sat 06-Apr-13 23:13:44

We took our four year old DTs to Menorca. It was lovely and the short flight was easily doable. Other than that, we have done Brittany and Disney (Paris).

Fluffy1234 Wed 13-Mar-13 22:03:22

How about Jersey or Gurnsey? There are a number of ways to get there and lots of historical sights for DH. I always find French driving holidays very expensive once you factor in petrol, tolls etc.

mamayaya Wed 13-Mar-13 19:31:26

Hmmm good point about the added costs and entertaining 3 for a week is not relaxing. Driving to France or Thomson are things I'm going to look at. So expensive to go on holiday with 5!!

givemeaclue Wed 13-Mar-13 17:52:06

Edith, which ones do you recommend and what the rough cost?

LadyEdith Wed 13-Mar-13 15:08:03

Thomson family holidays are bloody brilliant. People get sniffy about package deals but they take so much of the stress out of the whole thing, everything is organised for you.

givemeaclue Wed 13-Mar-13 14:55:50

Have done euro camp with my twins in Brittany . Get a mobile home n not tent, husband could go to quimper or the carnac stones. You have indoor and outdoor pool, kids club , beach, babysitting etc. Hate to say it but that, a low abudget for school hols so driving to France may be best option.

Only problem with villa rentals, not usually other kids to play with and no kids club so have to entertain them yourself. Don't forget passport costs if haven't already got them, hire car if don't sself rive, hire of car seats etc it all adds up

Portofino Wed 13-Mar-13 10:16:42

Normandy? Pierre et Vacances Holiday villages do kids club from aged 3. You could get 2 weeks at this one for just on 2000 euros at the mo. Lots of history in Normandy and nice beaches.

mamayaya Tue 12-Mar-13 22:53:06

Can't go outside school hols as ds1 in school and dh is teacher. Will look at lake Garda, good idea. Looking at villa rentals in Andalucia too.....and revising the budget upwards!

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 12-Mar-13 21:16:51

Can you go outside of school holidays?. You will get much more for your money and places like Spain/Turkey aren't so hot. I think you would find it almost impossible to get an all inc for £2000 in summer holidays. We tended to go to Balearics as the flight is shortish. We are looking at euro camp in lake Garda this summer, seems quite reasonable and lots of places to visit.

mamayaya Tue 12-Mar-13 20:48:33

Can anyone recommend a good place to go with 3 kids - 4 year old twins and a 5 year old?

In July-August?

No long flights for obvious reasons!

Maybe somewhere in the UK or France? Bit stuck on whether prefer somewhere can drive to or if we can manage a short flight. Could do up to 3-4 hours maybe.....with a large gin and tonic.....Would have to be either self catering or all inclusive I suppose...

Not too expensive. Was hoping about £2,000 but guess we'll go more if we have to. Any great ideas? We're stuck. Have looked at Centreparcs, and at eurocamp, and turkey. Bit bemused where to go for. Dh would like somewhere with historical sites nearby as he thinks he will get to see there....ha ha... I would like somewhere with a beach and a kids club for 2 hours a day at least! And somewhere non-grotty. First family holiday ever except to family cottage in North Wales!

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now