Holiday with Villa/ apartment on a complex with restaurant

(11 Posts)
lizardqueenie Tue 26-Feb-13 22:43:31

Hopefully don't think this is too much of a big ask for MNers my DH is going through an awful time with his health at the moment, fingers crossed that he may be able to travel once we know where we are a bit more but for now....

...Trying to plan a holiday for myself, DH & Dd to somewhere short haul with good weather for May/ June. We went to Dundas duradus beach club last year in the Algarve which was a perfect set up as it was an apartment but set within the grounds on a hotel so you had access to restaurants & swimming pools but also the facility to cook in your own kitchen. Our budget won't really stretch to that this year £1000 just for accommodation!!
Don't fancy cooking every night but would like to have the space to chill out in the evening on a terrace/ balcony. Please let me know if you of anywhere that fits this kind of this criteria, can find lots of villas/ apartments online but not any set within a complex if that's the right word. thanks

Portofino Wed 27-Feb-13 09:18:06

Pierre et Vacances have holiday villages in France and Spain which are around the 500 euro mark for a week. They tend to have kids clubs, nice pools etc and shops/restaurants on site. We have stayed here on the Italian riviera before. Not a village, but on site bar/restuarant and easy strolling distance to plenty more. Nice bakers and pizza takeaway 2 minutes away. We flew to Nice and got the train. Genoa is another option.

lizardqueenie Wed 27-Feb-13 22:54:17

Thanks Portofino, I think you have been able to recommend some holiday destinations for me before!

the holiday villages look lovely, have you been to any of them? Seem quite good value for money too.
Oliveto looks very nice too, even just strolling though the website made me feel quite relaxed! Did you take the DC with you? If so what kind of accommodation did you go for?

Hadn't really thought about Italy, but I am sure it would be lovely. I am not too fussed about destination but its a bonus to go somewhere that has places you can visit for the day/ morning, especially now DD is that bit older.

Portofino Wed 27-Feb-13 23:10:36

We stayed at les Restanques du st Tropez with P&V. It was lovely but v expensive. There is better value for money to be had. In that area.

Portofino Wed 27-Feb-13 23:15:57

We had a one bed apartment at oliveto. Dd was about 9 months old. We had the massive pool to ourselves.

MoppingMummy Wed 27-Feb-13 23:39:30

We stayed in Houlgate (not best place to go for good weather) apartments with p&v and definitely recommend their accommodation - it was exactly as it looks in the pictures.

mymatemax Wed 27-Feb-13 23:48:02

Have a look at parque la paz in Tenerife. In a lovely area, food in the hotel restaurant is lovely. Staff are brilliant. Spotelssly clean everywhere.
Apartments have a good kitchen, plus living room, bedroom & bathroom.
Well located in a lovely central area where you can do as much or as little as you want.
Request a groundfloor room near the pool & you have a terrace/garden to relax in, bigger than the balconys

lizardqueenie Thu 28-Feb-13 07:53:33

Thank you all so much for these. I shall have a look later when I can log on. I think (I don't think I said this in my OP) that what really worked for us on that previous holiday was having somewhere communal around the pool with a few other kids etc & a restaurant onsite if we didn't want to cook that evening/ lunchtime but also the fact we had our own space where we wouldn't wake DD up to just relax & chat, watch rubbish tv!

landofsoapandglory Thu 28-Feb-13 09:58:47

The Dunas do Alvor apartments have 2 or 3 cafes/restaurants on site and the balcony we had was massive. The apartments are basic but clean and a really good size.

There is also a small supermarket on site, but of you go up the road about 100m there is a large well stocked supermarket where you can buy lots of fresh meat, fish and fruit and veg.

HTH.

EMS23 Thu 28-Feb-13 10:06:28

On the James Villas website there is a section called Leisure Resorts, which is what you are describing.

nocluemum Fri 01-Mar-13 11:23:04

Ems I have been looking for something like this for weeks - thank you. Have upon been to any of them.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now