Rome: where to stay?

(4 Posts)
lottie63 Sun 24-Feb-13 19:53:25

I've decided to visit Rome. Where shall I stay? Am on my own. Would prefer traditional to modern but not against contemporary. May consider aparthotels but they need to be decent. Price? Well average I guess. Fairly central... Safe, old architecture, walking distance to restaurants. Boutique places considered. Would LOVE a balcony

popflos Sun 24-Feb-13 21:29:32

check out
little apartment jsut around the corner from spanish steps, trevi fountain, tonnes of bars, delis etc.. maybe too spacious for you but check alistair sawdays site, thats where we found this place and i find him very good when i am travelling on my own and dont want to be bored in sterile conference hotel

mummymeister Mon 25-Feb-13 09:42:09

we went through the romeloft website and will be staying right in the centre at Piazza Maddalana. everything in walking distance and romeloft organise transfers from the airport. there is a hotel on the piazza that might suit you we are in an appartment. Relais maddalana is the one i am thinking of check it out. anything around the Pantheon looks OK and also get hold of the lonely planet guide to rome as it is a really good reference book.

lottie63 Wed 27-Feb-13 09:32:08

Definitely will check out these links. Thanks. It's my first time to Rome - any tips or things I need to watch out for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now