Anyone been to Paros?

(10 Posts)
OhSheesh Thu 21-Mar-13 14:57:44

No we didn't go to Anti-Paros. My Mum and Dad took a day trip to Mykonos and Delos (we'd already been). We loved Naxos too noddy!

OnGoldenPond Tue 12-Mar-13 21:57:23

Went to Paros about 20 years ago on backpacking tour of the islands. Back then it had just the right balance between nice bars etc but not too lively. Nice beaches too.

Sunnywithshowers Sat 09-Mar-13 14:06:26

I went to Paros in 2000 and I loved it, we stayed in Parikia (sp?). I'd love to go again.

We flew to Mykonos and got the ferry over there.

noddyholder Sat 09-Mar-13 13:59:03

Love it and Naxos

Mrsrobertduvall Sat 09-Mar-13 13:55:01

Oh I love Paros. Went about 20 years and stayed in Naoussa.

ujjayi Fri 08-Mar-13 23:12:37

Ah ok. We visited Athens on our return from Naxos a couple of years ago but we would love to go back so Paros could give us the perfect excuse. I had originally considered flight to Mykonos but really not fussed about visiting the island itself.

Did you visit Anti-Paros at all?

OhSheesh Wed 06-Mar-13 15:52:18

We went via Athens so we could spend a few days there and then took the ferry.

ujjayi Tue 05-Mar-13 23:19:51

OhSheesh - that hotel was on my short list for last year's summer holiday. Good to know it does recommended for future reference.

Which route did you take to Paros? Did you go via Mykonos or Athens? Fly or ferry?

OhSheesh Thu 28-Feb-13 15:51:38

Yes, we went there in September 2010 with our then 2 yo and stayed at the Boudari, which was lovely. We stayed in one of their (then) new rooms, I think a Junior Suite, 1 bed with a kitchenette.

There is an in-house restaurant with good food, but it is also close to places where you can eat out and if you get one of the rooms with a kitchenette you can self-cater. It is right next to a little beach with a short walk to another bigger beach popular with windsurfers if I recall and there were 2 pools, though like a lot of Greek pools they were not heated.

janx Sun 24-Feb-13 19:12:31

Thinking of going in May - any recommendations for places to stay - four of us - 2 adults and two kids 5&8

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now