What's Perpignan / Beziers area like? Would you recommend it?

(3 Posts)
Selks Mon 25-Feb-13 10:51:21

Yes yes to Languedoc, if you like traditional rural France. Had a super villa holiday there with my two. Hire car is necessary. Fantastic little towns with amazing markets, interesting coastal towns.
Only downside was weather was a bit variable even in July - swung between hot and lovely and windy and a bit cool. Would go back in a flash though. Weather might be a bit pot luck in May. Super area though.

Portofino Mon 25-Feb-13 10:41:23

The Languedoc is excellent for family holidays. We have been lots of times, but staying in mobile homes or on canal boats, rather than gites. The sea will be cold in May, but a heated pool should be OK. The scenery tends to be more interesting the further inland/closer to Spain you get. I will have a dig through my extensive bookmark collection when I get a mo. Beziers and Montpellier are nice for a day out. Pezenas and many of the little villages along the Canal du Midi are lovely. Beaches are sandy.

adifferentwoman Sun 24-Feb-13 07:51:07

Whilst looking for non exorbitant flights during the May half term, the Perpignan area has started to look like an option. Would appreciate if anyone could let me what the area (in the broadest sense) is like. How good is it for a 5 year old DD? Anyone know of any cluster properties with shared pool, maybe a kids club? Not brave enough for camping I'm afraid! Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now