Puy du Fou - evening show - worth the late night?

(4 Posts)
irregularegular Mon 18-Feb-13 15:03:56

I definitely want to take the family to Puy du Fou for two days this year on the way down further south. I'm just dithering slightly over the big evening show which doesn't start until 10 or 10.30. It's quite long isn't it, so a midnight finish? My children are not tiny - they will be 9 and 11, but it still makes for a very late night and I'm worried it will all be a bit much. On the other hand, everyone says you MUST do it. Opinions? I get the impression I need to get booking fairly soon even though it seems ages off.

dreamingofsun Mon 18-Feb-13 17:06:42

could you do the day show one day and night one the other. we didn't do the evening one because we thought we would be too tierd and to be honest i think we would have been. we only needed one day for the site - really good.

Knowsabitabouteducation Mon 18-Feb-13 17:15:07

We didn't go to an evening show when we were there. We couldn't get accommodation on-site, and didn't want to add an extra hour on top of the late finish time, so we just left late afternoon.

To be honest, we were absolutely exhausted with the sensory overload that is Puy du Fou. I think we were there from about 10am to 4pm and that was enough for one day. Also, it was really hot the day we were there, and there is no shade when you are watching the shows, so we were fairly exhausted from that too. Concentrating on the French language all day also takes it toll (I don't recommend getting the English translation headsets as the soundtrack from the shows just drowns it out).

If you can spread it out over two days, then I think it would be nice to do the evening show.

--just noticed having typed this that you are there for two days. I will leave this here in case it is helpful to anyone else.

frenchfancy Mon 18-Feb-13 17:29:01

It is definitely worth it, but as others have said not on the same day as the grand parc. I did it once with much younger children and wouldn't recommend the night show for under say 6 or 7.

Tips, wrap up warm - even on hot summer days it gets chilly at night up in the stands, and if you can take a cushion as the benches are not the most comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now