Eating out in Amsterdam

(4 Posts)
Rosebag Sat 16-Feb-13 20:26:20

Thank you suburbophobe! That's really helpful. Expect the pancakes will go down really well. We've packed lots of layers...

suburbophobe Sat 16-Feb-13 16:46:25

Oh, and there's 2 streets of restaurants off Leidseplein, just up from the Marriott.
Bojo, Indonesian is nice and cosy, affordable and open all night.

suburbophobe Sat 16-Feb-13 16:43:12

There's the Bolhoed on Prinsengracht (up the road across the canal from Anne Frank house), Vliegende Schotel in de Leliestraat, off Prinsengracht, The Pancake Bakery on Prinsengracht, up from Anne Frank House, same side.
Vegan restaurant in St. Jacobsstraat, near CS.
Small World, Binnen Oranjestraat, off Haarlemmerdijk...

Also most restaurants do vegetarian dishes, i.e. Indonesian, Indian, etc.

www.happycow.net/europe/netherlands/amsterdam/

www.lonelyplanet.com/the-netherlands/amsterdam/restaurants/vegetarian

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g188590-c40-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

Enjoy! (and bring warm clothes!!).

P.s. Spelling is right.

Rosebag Sat 16-Feb-13 11:49:13

We're off tomorrow to Amsterdam for a few days city break, me, DH, DS (15) and DD (12). We're staying at the Marriott on Stadhouderskade (sp?) near Leidseplein, so very central and convenient for shops and restaurants etc. I just wondered if anyone who has local knowledge could suggest places to eat within walking distance suitable for families. We don't eat meat and seafood, and are not looking for anywhere posh. Many thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now