Amsterdam with a toddler

(2 Posts)
picklechops Thu 07-Feb-13 22:11:42

Hello

Hubby is away for business next month (islands) and I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam so am thinking of seizing the time and taking 22month old DS withme for a long weekend. It looks fairly safe and like there's lots to do. Any recommendations-tips appreciated though!

My biggest problem is finding accommodation. I'm tempted by a b&b-I like the homey feel as I will be without my husband and if I could find one where they have some toys etc I can see how it could be ideal. Does anyone have any recommendations? Or of great, central (ish) not to pricey hotels?

TIA

Portofino Fri 08-Feb-13 18:33:57

Will he be in the pushchair? <<shudders at idea of toddler vs canals>>. What's your budget? How will you get there? Rooms in Amsterdam always seem to be extortionate. Dh and I are going, early April. We live in Brussels and after looking at the price of parking, will stay in Leiden instead (which looks lovely) and go to the Keukenhof to see the flowers, and go into Amsterdam on the train - 30 mins. We are staying here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now