4 days in lake geneva or lake annecy?

(5 Posts)
ujjayi Thu 21-Feb-13 00:39:28

Annecy is beautiful. Enjoy!

malinois Wed 20-Feb-13 13:35:59

Annecy. Nicer, cheaper and much better food than Geneva.

July2031 Wed 20-Feb-13 13:34:50

Thanks Usuallydormant. We've booked for Lake Annecy. Thanks for the advice. Staying at a campsite called La Ravoire. It looks really (possibly too?) quiet but just for four nights so it will have us in the area we want to be, with a pool for the kids, and at least no noisy rowdys to keep them awake at night smile

usuallydormant Wed 06-Feb-13 20:43:18

The centre of Annecy is only about 45 minutes from the airport on the new motorway, so not that bad a journey. Much better place to stay than the Geneva area, lots of choice of accomodation, gorgeous town with big pedestrian area, so easy to manage the kids. Around the lake is great for kids: beaches, cycle paths, carosels, pedalos etc. Yvoire area on the French side of Lake Geneva is also lovely, but with traffic it's not that much closer to the airport than Annecy. Geneva and the Swiss side is very expensive, even just on a coffee and ice cream basis!

I've camped at Bout du Lac, T the other end of the lake to Annecy and it was a lovely site.

July2031 Wed 06-Feb-13 11:57:12

Hi, I've got 4 days to spare in or around Geneva airport with three girls aged 2, 4, and 6). We wil lhave just finished a week in the mounains in a chalet so i'm relaly looknig for something family-friendly, probably but not exclusively camping, for the 4 days. My concern is that a lot of the campsite reviews are quite mixed. Plus we have a 1030 flight fback home from Geneva airport so would prefer would not to have a massive drive to get to Geneva airport. Has anyone any suggestions? We really want to make good use of the 4 days as they are an added bonus at the end of our trip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now